wikipedia

DIVINE (Korean: 데벤; RR: deben) is a South Korean girl group managed by DVN Company, consisting of seven members : Reewon, Soa, Miko, Kasey, Jina, Chunja and Bora. Cited as one of the "biggest girl group in the world", they are considered as one of the most successful Korean group internationally and a leading force in the Korean Wave. The group debuted in 2020 with their single album "DIVINE", their first number-one entries on South Korea's Gaon Digital Chart and the US Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart, respectively.

DIVINE

Origin : Seoul, South KoreaGenres : K-pop • Hip-Hop • alternative R&B • J-popYears active : 2019 – presentLabels : DVN • RepublicFormerly of : ExcelMembers : Reewon - Soa - Miko - Kasey - Jina - Chunja - Bora

Genres : K-pop • Hip-Hop • alternative R&B • J-pop
Years active : 2019 – present
Labels : DVN • Republic
Formerly of : Excel
Members : Reewon - Soa - Miko - Kasey - Jina - Chunja - Bora

They debuted on January 10, 2020, with their self-titled single album "DIVINE". The single debuted and peaked at number one on the Gaon Album Chart and Billboard World Albums Chart. Its lead single "CLOSER" debuted at number one on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart. The group also topped the Billboard Emerging Artists chart.

The group's early commercial success earned them several new artist awards, including Rookie of the Year at the 35th Golden Disc Awards and the 2020 Melon Music Awards, New Artist of the Year at the 10th Gaon Chart Music Awards and Best New Female Artist at the 2020 Mnet Asian Music Awards.

History

2012 - 2019 : Pre-debut activities

Before being a trainee, Bora appeared in the music video of "Gangnam Style" by PSY. In August 2012, she officially joined SM Entertainment as a trainee. She made her musical debut in the Broadway Revival of Les Misérables in the role of Young Cosette. She also appeared in the South Korean Version of Matilda in the role of Matilda. On July 8, 2015, she was introduced as a member of SM Rookies. The same year, Bora and other SM Rookies members starred as Mouseketeers in a Korean revival of The Mickey Mouse Club. In 2016, she made her acting debut in the box-office zombie hit "Train to Busan". In May 2017, she left SM and joined Excel Entertainment. She made her solo debut as a soloist in December 2018 with "Heart Attack".

In 2014, Reewon joined Excel Entertainment. She represented them in the Mnet reality-survival program Produce 101. Reewon placed 2nd and debuted as a member of I.O.I. The group officially disband in January 2017 and Reewon eventually returned to Excel. Since 2018, she's currently in League of Legends 'group' called K/DA where she gives her voice to Evelynn.

Before being a trainee, Kasey was a rising footballer. She evolved and became a football player in Seoul City Women's Football Club (Seoul WFC) under -15 in 2017 and under -16 in 2018. She quit football to debut as a kpop idol and joined Excel Entertainment in January 2019.

In 2017, Miko contended in MNET's survival reality series Idol School. Miko finished in eleventh placed at the end of the competition making her unable to debut in the final group.