30

Lando woke early the next morning, feeling refreshed. He had slept soundly with Caitlyn in his arms. She was still asleep, so he lay for a while longer watching her. She was beautiful, crazy, timid and shy and he was falling more and more for her. He was in awe of her. She had been through so much in the last few weeks, but in all honesty she had a pretty tough upbringing with her mum. He couldn't imagine how hard it had been, his family were always there for him and supporting his career. She stirred, as he lay playing with his phone, trying not to wake her until they really needed to get up.

C- Good morning, did you sleep okay?

L- Morning sweetheart. Yes I had a really good sleep. 

Without thinking Lando leant down and kissed her on the head. She suddenly jumped up, cupping his cheeks with her hands and slammed her lips against his. It took him by surprise before he leant into the kiss. The passion between them finally coming to the surface as they fought for dominance. Eventually Lando broke away, smiling at Caitlyn as they rested their foreheads together.

C- Sorry about that (her face blushed from the passion)

L- You do not need to be sorry. You have no idea how long I have wanted to kiss you again

C- Then why haven't you before now?

L- I wasn't sure how you felt about us and after everything with your mum I didn't want to pressure you

C- That's sweet babe, but just so you know, I am always happy to kiss you

With that, the make out session resumed, only stopping when both of them needed air. They also had to get up and eat breakfast. It was race day. A home race to end the first part of the season and Lando was definitely ready for the break. They joined Max in the kitchen and ate together before they packed up the car and headed for Silverstone. Max could feel the tension in the air and going by the smile on Lando's face, he could tell something had finally happened with Caitlyn. He made a mental note to speak to him about it later but it would be hard with her also hanging around with them. They were still a couple of miles from Silverstone but there was thousands of people streaming along the pavements, screaming Lando's name when they noticed him in the car. Caitlyn was nervous for him but she could see he was relaxed as he drove in. Every so often he would throw her a sideways glance and smile, to which she blushed every time. 

As they entered the paddock, Max and Caitlyn waited near the turn styles whilst Lando stopped to sign things for his fans. It was overwhelming and Caitlyn could feel her heart beat quicken, her breathing becoming more panicked. Thankfully Lando and Max seemed to noticed and guided her to the McLaren hospitality. Once inside, she calmed down quickly but she was left feeling very nauseous. She excused herself to the bathroom and just made it into the stall before violently throwing up. She was very clammy as she sat down on the floor. After a few minutes, she heard to bathroom door open and someone knocked on the stall door. When she opened it, she was surprised to find Cisca on the the other side.

Cisca- Are you alright darling? Lando was worried

But after taking one look at Caitlyn, she could see that she was not okay at all.

C- I am okay now I think. It was just very overwhelming outside 

Cis- Well you don't look great, you're very pale. Let me get you a drink, I'll be back in a minute

But the next time Caitlyn heard the door, it wasn't Cisca, it was Lando. He looked concerned at the sight of Caitlyn sitting on the floor, pale and clammy. He handed her some kind of electrolyte drink and helped her to the sink so she could splash her face.

C- Honestly Lando, I will be okay. I just got a bit overwhelmed and panicked. 

L- I need to go do pre race media stuff and the driver parade, why don't you have a lie down in my drivers room and hopefully you will get a bit more colour back once you have drank something.

He placed his arm around her waist and guided her out of the bathroom. Caitlyn could see Charlotte was waiting to take Lando to the media but he held his hand up for her to wait. She nodded and told him they had a few more minutes. Inside the quiet comfort of Lando's room, Caitlyn lay down on the couch and he placed a blanket over her. He kissed her on the forehead as she shut her eyes and he quietly left the room. She woke up to the sound of people talking outside the door and the handle being turned as quietly as possible. She sat up, feeling like she had only closed her eyes five minutes previously but when Lando came in, he informed her she had actually slept for over an hour. She felt much better now and stood up to pull him into a hug. He smelt good, it was comforting to her and she didn't want to let go but a knock on the door told them it was time to go. After a quick kiss, they both headed into the garage where Max pulled Lando into a hug and some words of luck.

C- I know you will be amazing out there. Good luck and be safe

L- I am always safe darling. Oh, and if I get on the podium, I am taking you out on a proper date. Deal?

C- Deal!

Lando walked out to the grid and climbed into his car as Caitlyn and Max put on their headphones ready to listen in to the race. She took a deep breath as the cars ended the formation lap and pulled into their slots. The marshal waved the green flag, indicating all cars were in place and the lights started to go red, the cars revving in anticipation

"Its lights out and away we go!. Its a good start from Norris as he comes across Verstappen. Lando Norris leads the British Grand Prix!!!"

 Lando Norris leads the British Grand Prix!!!"