Chapter 1

The Endless Road Ahead 

Prologue 

The more we walked the more and more zombies there are I guess because were getting closer to Atlanta. It's been almost a month now since the out brake. The government was trying to cure cancer or something like that, and then one of their test subjects died and came back to life but got out of the treatment center. Then the world went to shit and people started to eat each other and when you got eaten, you would die then come back to life. The only way to survive was to kill them and the only way to do that, was a blow to the brain.

It was horrible... wait- it is horrible. My first experience was at home. I was in my bedroom when those things came in and attack my mom and sisters. I heard them scream and ran so I was at the top of the stairs. There was no way I could help them no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't. I saw them die. I saw them bleed out and just die right there in front of me. I had to keep quiet and hide until the things left. I came out a little later and the worst part was when I saw them bleeding out and they came back standing up and walking around like nothing even happened to them. Only... it wasn't them anymore. 

I didn't have anyone left except for my best friend Cass. She was almost a goner to but she was lucky I got there when I did. (I went straight to her after the incident with my family.) And pulled her out of there. Her mom, sister and her sister's boyfriend all turned and well almost killed her. I got her out of there and that was my top priority before - that she's not dead, she's alive and healthy. Well... kind of. 

Cass has long brown hair that looks like it's like black and everyone thinks that. It's up in a messy ponytail with a bunch of curls that went everywhere at the moment. (Who would have time to do hair?) She's skinny and is wearing a gray baggy top that says love on it, has black pants and has a gray beanie hat on with her black and white converse. Of course her clothes along with mine are very dirty and ripped. 

I, Angel, I had my long strait light brown hair in a ponytail and was wearing a dark blue crop top on and a pair of black jeans on and had a blue and black hat on and some black flats. Again, my clothes were dirty and ripped.

"Hey angel?" Cass asked as she slammed her axe into a zombie's brain and killed it. We were making our way through a field. 

"Yeah?" I said as I took my bat and did the same. 

"Would it be weird if I said this was kind of fun? Maybe I'm losing my mind..." She asked me and stopped moving while giving a heartless chuckle to herself. 

"No Cass it really wouldn't because I kind of think that too. But we both could be losing our minds." I said waving at her to keep moving. 

"Ok good." she said smiling as we walked on through the blazing rays of the sun.