Famous Last Words

Gerard Way

  I was at the food table listening to Patrick playing The Kids Aren't Alright I think it was called. It was pretty good but I could see they were getting tired. I walk up to them and call Pete over to me.

  "What's up?" He breathed.

  "You know you can take a break right? I have a CD demo from Patrick." Pete just stared at me.

  "Well go put the CD in so we can rest our, well, everything." He said. I nodded and went to a stereo system and put in the CD as Pete guided the guys off stage.

  "Hello." Hayley said from behind me. Patrick's voice then boomed from the speakers surrounding us.

  "Should we dance then?" I yell over the music. She nods and we go over to the dance area. It was a slow song so I didn't have to do much work. She looks gorgeous. Well she always does, but more than usual.

  Her eyes were sparkling in the dim lights and I saw Pete and Patrick dancing together too. I noticed how much I loved my friends seeing them all together like this. I never wanted this moment to end.

  "What you thinking about?" She said into my shoulder.

  "Us." I answered. "And how we might not stay like this forever."

  "Please." She said looking into my eyes. "We're probably going to get married. Mikey and Michelle are already planning theirs, Pete and Patrick will get married and have little gay babies. Frank and Jamia are most definitely going to last and I'm pretty sure Joe and Andy will most likely hook up soon. So all in all, yeah, I think we'll work out."

  "You finished?" I asked and she giggled.

  "Yeah." She laughed as the song ended. Patrick ran up to me with Pete following.

  "When are we ending this thing up?" Patrick asked. "Because it's almost nine and I'm tired."

  "Soon. It ends at, like, nine thirty. I think he can last that long, huh Pete?" I ask and Pete nods.

  "Patrick gets bitchy when it's past his bedtime." Pete laughs as Patrick wraps his arms around Pete's neck.

  "You are what you love," Patrick sings. "Not who loves you!"

  "And sort of drunk." Joe adds in. "Either that or someone spiked the punch."

  "So FUCK you go cry me an ocean and leave me be!" Patrick yells as Pete sits him down. "Pete I'm tired."

  "I know." Pete says giving Patrick water.

  I check my phone and see it's nine twenty. Mr. Hoppus goes up to the stage and tells everyone to wrap it up. People start to leave when he says that so it makes clean up easier.

  "Well, I have to go." Hayley said kissing me. "I need to go get funeral things ready with Michelle. Speaking of that little minx, where is she?"

  We looked around for her and found her drinking water. I guess someone actually spiked the punch. Why?

  "Come on Michelle." Hayley said leading her outside. Soon everyone leaves except me and Mikey.

  "Hey big bro." Mikey says walking out with me. "How was tonight?"

  "I just wish we all stay exactly like this." I say and Mikey nudged me to my car. Michelle and Hayley were already gone. 

  "Trust me." He said. "We will. When I die, and it will be by evil waves, I will think back to this moment and think 'wow, my brother is really gay and wants us to stay all the same.'"

  "Shut up Mikey." I laugh as we get in my car and start to drive home.

  "But seriously, we will still be together and still be talking. Nothing will really change." Mikey said seriously. "And you and Hayley will most likely get married."

  "That's what she said." I said that and Mikey glared at me. "No really."

  "Yeah. I do wonder where we'll all be in a couple years." Mikey said.

  "Yeah." I said as I continued home. "I bet we'll be awesome and started a kickass band."

  "I call bass player." Mikey called.