chapter 1 : many new stresses

It had only been about a month at most that Murdoc had been in prison. It was honestly relieving but also....quite odd to not hear murdoc in the studio. Though after the plastic beach incident 2d was quite happy to have a long break of not being around and listening to murdoc. Though even now with plastic beach behind the band and murdoc gone everything isn't sunshine and rainbows.

2d was currently in his bedroom . face almost glued to his laptop screen as he works on his many new tasks as the new temporary leader for the band. It was quite a stressful task to just have forced onto him . It honestly made him miss when his only jobs were writing the lyrics for almost all of the songs and being the singer. Despite him and murdoc's relationship being on thin ice right now 2d did have to admit that murdoc was quite a hard worker despite murdoc acting like this was an easy task. From editing music videos, scheduling practices, and being trusted with finding places to film music videos....it certainly wasn't a walk in the park.

2d's current main goal was to find a temporary replacement bassist for the band since murdoc was going to be gone for quite a while. You would think that the job wouldn't be as difficult as it's but finding someone to take Murdoc's legacy temporarily was driving 2d mentally insane. Not only did he have to find someone who genuinely knows what they're doing when it comes to playing a bass but the band also was on a time crunch for this album. If 2d didn't find one soon who could be here in less then a month...this album was going to be late ...and 2d wasn't willing to have that happen. He wants to prove so badly that he can do this and that the band is capable of making an album even when murdoc isn't around. 

    As 2d silently searched on his emails for anyone responding to his ad for a bassist his concentration is interrupted by a knock at his bedroom door. 2d glances towards the door and calls out. " Come in!" noodle walks into 2d's room . As she walked in she sighed looking at how the stress was affecting 2d. His room was becoming a cluttered mess. The poor guy was almost living like a goddamn hermit. Noodle notices 2d on his laptop and walks over . 2d looks up at noodle , giving her a smile . " heya noodle. " noodle would sigh giving 2d a smile back. " I went to starbucks and got you a peppermint tea 2d. I know it's your favorite." 2d glances to noodle's hands. She had not only gotten him a tea but also a breakfast sandwich. He gently takes the two items from noodle with a happy sigh. " thanks noodle....i probably need the energy today." 2d would gently shuffle stuff on his desk making room to put down his peppermint tea before taking a bite of the still slightly warm breakfast sandwich.

Noodle sighed looking at the emails as 2d enjoyed his small breakfast. " you still haven't found anybody?" 2d sighed lightly, shaking his head. " Most of these guys either live too far from comfort!village or they're amatuers when it comes to playing the bass. I'm absolutely struggling to find anyone near Murdoc's talents...." noodle frowned ... .not liking to see her big brother so stressed about the task. She then gets an idea. " Maybe we should go look around locally then. If we can't find a bass player online then maybe going to the local towns would help. Besides....i really think you need to get out of the studio 2d ... ..we haven't really been out since we all found each other after plastic beach." 

    2d would let noodle's words sit in his mind for a good minute. She was right...they can at least try. 2d looked up at noodle and nodded. " Let's go do it. You get the car ready and I'll get everything else. I'll also notify russell that where going out.'' Noodle simply nods as she walks out of 2d's room excited to finally get some fresh air that isn't just coffee runs or going to the gym with russell. 2d quickly gets up from his chair munching down the rest of his breakfast sandwich in less then a couple of bites. He grabs his phone and wallet off his desk, shoving them in his jean pockets before putting on a half-decent t-shirt not wanting to look like a hobo in front of a potential person he can hire. 2d gently swoops some hair out of his eyes before grabbing his peppermint tea and walking out of his bedroom.