|Welcome 'home'| {Chapter 4}

{3rd POV}

Venti turned to see a woman who looked like Ambrose. "Ambrose who is this?!"
"No one...I got the thing..."
"It's about time you did something useful! Now let's go, now!"
"Yes ma'am..." Ambrose looked apologetically at Venti before he disappeared with his mother, leaving Venti alone with his thoughts.

{Venti POV}

Should I have stopped her? She doesn't seem very trustworthy. I feel bad, how long has he had to deal with her? I wish I could do more, but to be honest I am in no state to intervene. Maybe the other archons could help...but should I tell them? They'll probably tell me to not intervene with mortal affairs since I'm the god of freedom and all...

{A few hours later, Ambrose POV}

"I should have been quicker..." I was soaked in my own blood. My mom had beat me pretty badly, but I deserved it right? I was too lost in my thoughts as I soaked a cloth in the river and used it to wipe most of the blood off of my body. I stared at myself in the river, words my mother had spoken repeating in my head. 'Failure', 'Mistake', 'Waste of air', the usual. But the one that hurt the most, even though it shouldn't have, was 'Loveless freak'. She was right, who would love me anyways? I'm an emotional disaster with a shitty family and a shitty appearance. I hadn't noticed I was crying until someone spoke behind me. 

"Hey, are you alright?" I quickly wiped my tears and turned to see Venti, to my surprise I relaxed a bit.
"Y-yeah I'm alright..."
"Are you sure, you don't look alright."

I knew he was referring to my bloody clothing, I just stared at the ground. I heard him sigh then felt arms wrap around me, pulling me into a warm embrace. "You don't have to comfort me you know..."
"And why is that?"
"I'm just a waste of your time..."
"So that's what that sad excuse of a mother has been calling you." That comment caused me to look up at him, surprised. "Wh-what-?"
"Never mind that. Just ignore her, she likes seeing you suffer."
"But-"
"Ah tut-tut-tut, how about I take you to the Dawn Winery?"
"What's a winery...?"
"Oh, dear Barbatos, now I have to take you!" Before I knew it, I was inside what Venti called the 'Dawn Winery'.

Word Count: 381