|The Coma..| {Chapter 11}

{Venti POV, a day after last chapter's events}

Why did I agree...I feel so bad. Now he's in a coma...for who knows how long.

I was sitting in the room with an unconscious Ambrose. Baizhu had told Venti that Ambrose could be out to days up to a whole year. I squeezed Ambrose's hand, I could sense he had been very tense before that Hilichurl hit his head pretty hard. He was scared...more things that may have been my fault.

I looked at Ambrose but looked away, unable to face him.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have listened to them."

I got no response, which hurt even though I obviously wouldnt.

"I promise I'll be here when you wake up..and when you do I'll be back to my old strength so the others cant push me around..I promise I will be." I leaned over, pausing for a second.

Is this okay? Do I really want to..

I decided to risk it, and when he wakes up I can ask him...does he feel the same? I kissed his forehead then left to go fulfill my promise.

Over the past few months Venti did complete his promise. He was now working side by side with Jean to help Mondstadt, making time in his schedule to visit Ambrose every day. He hoped Ambrose would be proud of him..if he did wake up.

Why hadnt he woke up yet? Do I really have to wait...a whole year? These were questions I asked myself every single day as I sat there with him for an hour or two. I started losing hope that he would wake up..but that didnt stop me from visiting.

A whole year had passed since the accident, but still Ambrose has yet to wake up. Venti had officially gone rouge on the archons..he blamed them for the past events. He slowly stopped coming to the meetings, he slowly distanced himself from almost everyone outside Mondstadt's people as well. But he didnt stop Mondstadt from being open to all the nations, he still wanted it to remain the same in Mondstadt. If Mondstadt remained the Nation of Freedom he could tolerate some people from the other nations. One day Mondstadt had somehow split far away from the other nations, physically. A earthquake had split the land between Mondstadt and Teyvat, leaving Mondstadt alone. Venti felt awful since his people were trapped. So he did the one thing he could think of. He managed to create strong walls of pure air to make a clear path to Teyvat until actual walls were built. It had now reached a year and a half when Venti was summoned by an unknown person.

I arrived at the meeting place me and this mysterious person agreed on. I saw Zhongli standing there.

"What do you need Morax?"
"Ambrose is showing signs of waking up soon. Baizhu said he should wake up by the end of today. As of now he has not woken up."

I stared at him, processing the information. I quickly bowed then bolted to go see Ambrose, hoping I wasnt too late. Thankfully I had arrived at the time I usually would arrive on any other day so no one was there. I sat down beside him, did I look okay?? I hope so. Thanks to some...weird experiment Albedo did, he shouldnt have to worry about forgetting any movements he knew before getting knocked into a coma. I'll have to thank him for the millionth time today.

Hours went by, and finally Ambrose's eyes had flickered open.

"You're awake..."
"Venti...?"

I hugged him tight; he shakily hugged me back. I was crying a bit; I could tell he was confused why I was upset.

"What's wrong??"

I explained to him whats happened over the past year and a half, he looked shocked.

"Venti..." He wiped my tears away and smiled. I smiled back, finally we could go back to normal life.

Word Count: 633