|Nightmares of Khaenri'ah| {Chapter 13}

{Will Remained Ambrose POV}

💮💮💮⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

I woke up back in Khaenri'ah...
Wait...
Khaenri'ah?!

"CYRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL~!"

Who's Cyril? Who's this person speaking. Oh right..Cyril was my name.

"Huh?" I turned to see a little girl holding a Inteyvat.

"For you!"
"Oh thanks.."
"Do you not remember my name again silly?"
"No..sorry.."
"It's alright! My name is Tari!"

I couldn't help but smile. I remembered her. My little sister...

"Where's mom at?"
"She said she has important business, being a leader and all!"
"Right..say what day is it?"
"Uhhhh that day of the week!"

I recognized that response all too well. I looked up at the sky, it was starting to become red and foggy.

"Tari..we need to run NOW!!"
"Huh wh-"

It was already too late, the beasts crashed through the sky and started attacking Khaenri'ah. I froze in fear, the sight still scaring me to this day.

"Brother..."
"I-"

Before I could finish, I felt cold, wet blood splashing all over. I turned to see that one of the beasts had managed to sneak up on us and was now tearing Tari apart. I backed up, then ran. I knew I couldn't save her.

"NOAM!! NOAM WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Who is this Noam person? Why can I trust them? Why am I reliving this day? Why? WHY?!

"Cyril?!" I felt arms embrace me, it was Noam.
"Tari she- she-"
"No..."

I looked up at him, his eye had almost been pierced through.

"Noam-"
"Take shelter, I will come find you when this was all over."
"But-"
"Cyril."

I just nodded and bolted, I hid under some debris and watched what happened. Then the moment I had forgotten...

The Archons had arrived. I froze, I recognized them. Venti...Morax...

"No... he couldn't have..."

Everything was so confusing. The Archons...they're destroying Khaenri'ah. But they didn't mean to...

Right?!

💮

I saw Morax's meteor strike Khaenri'ah...it was over after all. I turned and saw kids who had survived being turned into what is now known as hilichurls, soldiers I had called friends bleeding out on the ground. Then I felt pain slam through my body.

Right..the curse.

I closed my eyes and took the pain, knowing I couldn't stop it anyways. I probably blacked out because when I woke up I briefly saw..Venti?

I saw Venti carrying me and Morax carrying Diabolique. I couldn't make out what they were saying...but they took us somewhere. I ended up blacking out again, then I woke up next to Venti. This was the real Venti, not dream Venti. I hugged him tight, not wanting to let go or lose him like I lost my family and friends.

I heard a voice in the back of my head whisper...

"The Abyss is coming."

💮💮💮

Word Count: 407

A/n: I took a small mental break as I speedrun the rest of Fontaine so I can stack up on Primogems for Kazuha wish me luckkk