~23~

Vedant pov

I was sitting in the doctor's cabin. Vani is sitting on my lap and Astik is with the doctor. They are doing his checkup.

When I got a call from school that Aastik fell unconscious it made my heart sink deeper because my kids are the only reason for my leaving. If something happened to them I can't live. They are the only hope in my life.

I heard the sound of the cabin's door opening doctor and Aastik came inside. When Aastik saw me he ran towards me and I made him sit on my lap. Now both of my kids were sitting on my lap.

" Are you fine my baby? " I asked him and he nodded.

" Papa he is fine he is my strong brother " Vani said caressing his cheeks and I admire their bonding.

" Mr yaduvanshi you all look cute together " Dr Raghav complemented.

Before I could reply my little princess replied " Dr uncle mere papa cute hai isliye hum dono bhi cute hai " she said And I chuckle.

" Is everything ok in his reports doctor " I asked being concerned.

" Everything is fine Mr yaduvanshi nothing to worry... it's just he fell unconscious because of lack of oxygen "

" But I wanna to suggest one thing, it could be better for him if you would settle to a less polluted city because he has symptoms of Asthma. " Doctor said and I nodded.

" Dr. There is nothing to worry about right? " I asked

" No worries Mr Yaduvanshi he is fine " Dr said and I thanked him and we left from there.

" Papa, are we going to shift from here? " Aastik asked me as I was feeding him vegetable soup.

" Yes baby " I said and his eyes sparked.

" You seem happy, don't you? " I asked him , put the bowl on the table.

" Yes , because I don't like my school " he said and I very well know he doesn't like his school and Delhi because here is so much hustle bustle in this city and he is the kind of person who doesn't like hustle.

" Papa see I drew our family picture " Vani said running towards us with a drawing book in her hand. She showed me a drawing in which A man is carrying two kids in his arms , probably me and my kids. And a lady who is admiring the three of us from far away, which is probably my wifey.

" It's beautiful " I praised her , and a wide smile appeared on her face. I kissed her both cheeks and then I kissed Aastik's cheek.

" Where is Papa's kiss ? " I bent down and they both kissed on my cheeks.

" Ok now it's sleeping time " I said and they both climbed on the bed and lay down.

After that I turned off the light and closed the door and moved towards our room. No matter if she is here or not but it will always be our room. Where we made so many memories. I entered the room and lay down on the bed.

" I love you wifey " I said.

One month later

Author pov

As per doctor's suggestion Vedant shifted to imphal the capital of Manipur with his kids. Imphal is one of the least polluted city in India.

He opened a branch of his company in Imphal last year. So it's easy for him to work from here.

" Papa, tomorrow you have to come to school because it's mother's day and I am going to Dance" Aastik informed his father.

" Oh my baby is going to perform on stage" he said shutting off his laptop.

" Yes papa and we both will cheer for him " Vani said.

" Ok my babies " he said and lay down beside them.

Next day at school.

Vedant was sitting with other parents and Vani was sitting on his lap and they both were cheering for Aastik's performance. But Vedant stopped cheering up when he saw his son was standing, lowering his face and tears were rolling down from his cheeks because his fellow kids were dancing with their mothers and he was standing alone. Vedant made Vani sit on a chair and he rushed towards his son. He tapped on his shoulder and Aastik looked at him with teary eyes.

" May I ? " He asked him like a gentleman and a wide smile appeared on his face. Aastik placed his hand on his father's big hand. And both father son duo set fire on the stage. And Vani was clapping for them.

All the people who witnessed this father son duo were admiring them. Their performance ended and all the people who were present stood up and clapped for them.

After that he dropped them at home with Viraj , who just came today and left for his office.

In the office Vedant was sitting on his head chair, reading a file. His cabin door knocked.

" Come in " he said, still focusing on the file.

" Sir we get a new secretary for you as per your order " Umar said, who is Vedant's manager.

" Humm " Vedant hummed.

" Sir, should I send her inside? " He asked him. And he nodded. After that his manager left from his cabin. Within a minute Vedant heard a knock on his cabin's door.

" Come in " he said.

the door opened and someone entered inside and he didn't bother to look up but when five minutes passed and that person who entered inside his cabin didn't utter a single word. He looked up to see who had a lot of time to waste.

But looking at the person his heart skipped a bit and the world stopped around him. He is not able to believe his eyes. He thought he was hallucinating so he rubbed his eyes and again opened them and that person is still standing in front of him with unspoken emotions and that person is no other than Manya.

Vedant eyes turned teary and same goes to Manya both were looking at each other with unspoken emotions.

Vedant stood up from his chair and slowly took his steps towards Manya with teary eyes and Manya also took her steps towards him with trembling lips. But both of them didn't utter a single word. Manya forwarded her hands and he grabbed her hands tightly like if he loosened the grip then she would vanish. Both were looking deep into each other's eyes.

Both have pain and love in their eyes.

Manya pov

I entered the CEO cabin. But my

World stopped when I saw him in front of my eyes after five years. Those five years like a death to me. I died every single second for my kids and him but I stopped myself to go back to them by saying that I am a bad omen. And now once again my world has come in front of me. Tears collected in my eyes. I wanna to ask him how he is? But I didn't have courage to utter a single word.

He looked up and our eyes met. I can see his changed expression. I know what he is feeling now after seeing his supposed dead wife after five years.

I can clearly see pain in his eyes. Now he has dark circles under his eyes. It tells how many nights he spent without sleep and I know I am the reason for all this. He stood up and took slow steps towards me and I also took steps towards him because I wanna to feel his love once again after so many years. I craved for him, for his love and of course for our kids.

I forwarded my hands and he held my hands immediately. He touched his forehead to mine. And take a deep inhale. We both closed our eyes and stayed like this for some good minutes.

I opened my eyes. His tears were rolling down from his eyes just like mine. I cupped his cheeks and before I could wipe them off he jerked my hands.

" I hate you Manya thakur " he whispered, yelled and left from there. I fell down on the floor with a thud sound. Tears were constantly flowing from my eyes. And his words pierced my heart.

~~~~~~~~~
How was the chapter guys.
Please do vote and comment.

Vote Target 100
Comment Target 35