Chapter 10: His name is One-Shot Wren!

(WARNING/TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH, TORTURE, DISTORTION, SEVERE VIOLENCE!)

(An hour before...)

...
"COME ON DOWN TO THE TOWN OF WESTERN SPAGHETTI! You'll have the most rootinest tootinest time!"

"With horses, a brand new saloon, weekend hootenannies and GUNS."

"..."

"Also our latest new cowboy is quite the spectacle to behold!"
"A former Splatfest champion... his name is ONE-SHOT WREN!"

"Come on down to W̵̭̝̦̋̈́̒̃ë̵̘̭̪͎̦s̸̜͈̼̣͊̽̚͝t̷͙̫̽̈̆̿́̕͠ḙ̸̀͊͒ͅr̴͈̠̦̣̣̄̐͂̂͋̊n̷̝̲͌ ̴̧͇̬̭̜̰͇̓̅̓̒͘S̸̱̘̤͇̈p̸͎̟̠̺̺̝̎̌͌͋͐a̸̲̱̬̪̦͕͇̽̀̽͊̉͑g̴͈͍̭̉̈́̀̑̽̚h̶̫͉̘͈͖̣̓̑͌̃̄̀̚è̸̺͂̋̔̌͂̀ț̶͆t̴͔̻̥̣͐̃i̵̺̦̠̩̞̎́͑-̸̺͎͖̰͙̏̏͗̈́̊̿̽"

The video suddenly cut out.

"Soooo, what'cha think?"
Meggy blinked. "Cowboy?"
"I know! It's great, isn't it?"
"This entirely destroys the purpose of us being Outlaws!"

One-Shot Wren and Meggy the Gargantua were sitting inside of their abandoned shack. Wren had managed to pull out a dusty old 90's television he had found, to show his partner in crime his new masterpiece.
Meggy, unfortunately, did not share the excitement nor interest he felt.
"Plus, why in the world are you making an advertisement of all things for that dump? Aren't doing those bastards a favor the last thing we should be doing?"
Wren shook his head. "Oh Meggy. Sweet innocent Meggy."
Meggy's eyes shot wide as her fury suddenly began to bubble. "Innocent?"
"Look, look... nobody is going to go to Western Spaghetti willingly if they knew that their were two monstrous outlaws out to get them. So we...?"
Meggy furrowed her eyebrows. "Trick them?"
"Right!" Wren walked up to Meggy's side to pinch one of her cheeks, as if she were a toddler that had just successfully learned her alphabet and numbers.
"Get off of me!" Meggy spat, pushing the smaller boy off of her with a forceful shove. "I'm not some baby to pamper and praise. Fuck off!"
"Oh I know," Wren agreed, hauling himself back up. "You are FAR from an infant." He wiped the dust off of his clothes.
"Then stop treating me like one, dipshit!"
Wren almost thought that he could see genuine emotion behind her eyes for a moment, but the giant had already stepped away from him to rip the cords out of the wall.
"Hey-! What are you doing?!"
"This plan of yours sucks!" the giant replied with a sneer. "Who would ever be stupid enough to fall for something like this?"
"Well you did." Wren muttered under his breath, but the giant's ears perked up.

"What?"
"Nothing."

Silence.

"Wren, you are working my last nerve," The giant growled, narrowing her eyes. "Sometimes, it almost seems like you're hiding something from me."
Wren's head immediately spun around. "What? Pft. Nonsense! Me? Hiding something? Please, have you gone delusional? I mean, even if I was, I am an outlaw. That's what I do."
"Yeah, well so am I," Meggy reminded him with a hiss. "And I don't hide shit from you?"
"Well you're my assistant. So you don't have much of a choice."
"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!?" Before Wren could react, Meggy had already had him pinned against a wall, her hot and heavy breath fanning on his neck and cheek.
Wren didn't think about it often, but now that she was up close...

She was huge...

If Meggy decided to put any more pressure on his arms... she could literally shatter them like glass!
I should be scared... but... but I control her! I... I should be able to control her...
Wren closed his eyes to try to concentrate, but no matter what he did, nothing seemed to change.
He had no choice but to apologize if he wanted to keep his arms intact. "I'm sorry!" He wheezed. "I take it back!"
Meggy stared down at him for a moment. Another moment had passed before Meggy finally let out a snort and released his arms. "You're a pathetic outlaw. You're a joke to us all." Kneeling down, she continued. "Even Buffalo Bob and Boop the Kid were better outlaws than you."
Wren's pupils shrank. That was a breaking point.
 Suddenly, he had found the strength to stand back up on his two feet. "You take that back RIGHT NOW."
Meggy didn't reply, but Wren could see a cocky grin appear on her face. "Oh, I see what's going on here! You think you're the shit because your a giant! Well guess what toots? That's not how it works round' here. See, I was around here first! So that makes you second best! Don't you forget that! I made you! I'm the reason you're like this, I'm the reason you have all of this power!"
Meggy's smirk immediately subsided. She was so mad, her face was almost as red as a tomato. She looked as if she were about to murder Wren on the spot, but she immediately stopped herself, taking a deep belly breath in. "No... It's not worth it," Letting out a big sigh, Meggy growled. "It's not worth to hurt a piece of scum like you."
Wren was about to reply, just as furious, but Meggy was already heading for the door.
"HEY! WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?"
"Out."
"OH NO THE FUCK YOU'RE NOT!" Wren immediately dashed for the door, blocking the giant's exit with his arms stretched wide. "You're not going anywhere!"
Meggy narrowed her eyes and bared her teeth. "Is that a challenge?"
Wren snarled. "Maybe it is. And you'll regret even thinking of leaving when I'm done with you."
"Big talk for somebody so small."
"Call me small again, motherfucker! I dare you!"
Letting out a loud roar, Meggy had suddenly smacked Wren across the face.
The blow caused Wren to fly across the room and hit the wall. Some picture frames that were neatly hung together fell on top of him by the impact, making Wren caterwaul in pain.
Before Wren could react or say anything about Meggy's violent outburst, Meggy was already out the door with a loud slam.