Chapter XI: The Mastermind (Part 3)

Rezef's expression twisted into a mask of fury as he crouched down, seizing Medea's chin with a vice-like grip, forcing her to meet his intense gaze. "Why did you do that?" His voice crackled with restrained anger, echoing off the walls of the dimly lit chamber.

Medea's laughter rang out in a chilling crescendo, reverberating with madness as she met his glare with a manic smirk. "Isn't it obvious?" she taunted, her words dripping with venom. "I despised her. I wanted her to suffer, to perish!"

The crack of Rezef's slap sliced through the air, the sound resonating with the force of his rage. He yanked Medea's hair roughly, wrenching her head back to meet his eyes once more. "I gave you a directive, a pact to uphold," he seethed, his voice laced with disdain. "Yet you chose to act independently, driven by your wretched desires. Are you truly so pitiful, Medea? Had you adhered to our agreement, we could have executed our scheme flawlessly, tearing them apart as intended!"

Medea's laughter twisted into a snarl of defiance as she seized Rezef's collar, her fingers trembling with fury. "Did you truly expect me to heed your commands?" she spat, her voice laced with contempt. "Who do you think you are to dictate my actions? None of this would have transpired if you hadn't ensnared me in your web of deceit. You could have played the hero, saving her from peril and securing our mutual gain. Do not feign innocence in this, for you anticipated this outcome just as much as I did."

A flash of hatred flickered in Rezef's eyes, a cold glint of disdain piercing through his steely facade. With a swift, merciless shove, he sent Medea crashing to the ground, eliciting a pained gasp from her lips. 

His gaze turned to his silent subordinates, a silent command passing between them like a shadow in the night. "Inflict upon her the depths of suffering until she surrenders her last breath," he ordered, his voice devoid of mercy or remorse.

Pride, Greed, Hypocrisy, and Foolishness of humans... extend beyond more than I expected.

Medea observed Rezef's frenzied reaction with a mixture of disdain and indifference, her crimson gaze cutting through the tumultuous emotions swirling around her. The spectacle of human frailty unfolded before her, each gesture steeped in desperation and longing—a spectacle she found increasingly tiresome.

With a resigned sigh, Medea's expression betrayed her profound boredom, a testament to the monotony of human drama that unfolded with predictable regularity. Love and power—such transient desires—seemed to be the driving forces behind their futile struggles, a spectacle that left her feeling utterly disenchanted.

As Rezef's anguish reached a crescendo, Medea's patience wore thin, her resolve hardening with each passing moment. With a measured tone, she addressed the prince, her arms folded in a gesture of detached indifference. "I have a plan," she declared, her voice cutting through the chaos with quiet authority. "Rest assured, your beloved is not a part of it."

Turning away, Medea fixed her gaze on the door, her expression inscrutable as she contemplated the unfolding drama with a sense of detached amusement. "However," she continued, her words laced with a veiled threat, "you may find yourself playing a pivotal role."

Before Rezef could formulate a response, Medea vanished from his sight, leaving behind a lingering sense of uncertainty in her wake. As the echoes of her departure faded into the ether, Rezef found himself grappling with the weight of her cryptic words, a harbinger of the tumultuous events yet to unfold.

This novel's plot is stupid. Everyone is stupid. It's tiring.

Medea found herself in the once-familiar halls of the obsidian tower, only to discover a transformed landscape. The tower, once shrouded in darkness, now basked in the glow of countless lights, presenting a more inviting and less foreboding facade.