Chapter 7: Define the Relationship

It was a Tuesday, and I decided to skip school so I could mope all day. Dramatic. I know. I just couldn't bear the pain of seeing him. I was expecting something more romantic but instead I felt like I was being played. Though I took Noah's words that Boboy isn't a player, I could not help but feel like my feelings were a toy to him. I was overthinking. I was too sad to get up. Mom was surprised to see me at home then began to worry if I were sick. I told her that I was just experiencing minor fatigue symptoms. 

During breakfast, Mom asked me about Boboy. We talked about him for a little bit. Mom had reminded me of my relationship with Yvan which wasn't what I wanted to hear at that time. She even compared Boboy's personality to Yvan's. She was curious about my friendship with Boboy so, she asked if he was courting me. I laughed as I wished deep inside he was. 

          "Hindi, Mom. Magkaibigan lang kami." I answered her. 

Mom was just being a caring mother when she asked me that, and she didn't forbid me from dating him. That's if he was ever going to ask me out. All day, I wondered if Boboy had noticed that I wasn't around. I don't mean to sound needy. I then tried to forget about him and school because it was stressing me out. 

          Night approached, Yvan and I were to voice call each other again. I shared to him about how I've been receiving mixed signals from the guy I like. Yvan reacted negatively. He even said that if the guy hurts me, he would teach the guy a lesson. But I told him to calm down because it should not be a big deal. I reminded Yvan that I didn't have any rights to be jealous, that I was just letting my feelings get the best of me. 

          It was Thursday, and I attended back to school. When Boboy approached me, I responded in a way that showed as if I wasn't excited about his presence. The plan was to act cold towards him. He, on the other hand, remained clueless of how I was feeling and continued to hold a casual conversation with me. He would ask a random question and I would answer with single-word responses. It went on until the bell rang for the next period which would then separate both of our ways. Time passed, it was already club time. Even then, I was still ignoring him and he was still clueless. Seriously, how could he be that clueless?

          That club meeting, Noah wanted to discuss with his members about wedding and pre-wedding photography, so then he would need two members to act like a couple to model. Without a doubt, he picked Boboy and I to model in front. What a perfect timing, Noah. I was annoyed. Could that day get any worse? However, we agreed despite me not liking the idea. Noah then picked Isha to play as the photographer he will guide. When she started taking pictures of us, we tried our best to pose like a real couple. A few shots later, we finally struck a pose where we had to look at each other's eyes. Though I felt awkward because I was still bitter about him, I actually enjoyed that moment. Staring into his big beautiful eyes gave me butterflies. 

          Meanwhile in Cebu, Yvan decided to go out on a date with Pauline again. That night, they went to a food park. The place was filled with young people, plus there was music. Just like how Yvan wanted the place. They told each other that they were happy to be seeing each other again after being busy with school work. The two have been going out from time to time but never really defined their relationship. In the middle of their dinner, Pauline couldn't help but wonder. Filled with apprehensiveness, she built up some courage to ask Yvan about their status. Before asking, she took a deep breath. 

          "Yvan, I want to know how you feel about me." She said as she pounded her chest.

          "Do you even have any?" Worried, she asked.

Yvan was startled by what he heard.

          "Pauline, you already know my situation." He argued.