𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟕

❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭, 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝.❞

A/N
Whoever drawed this. Thank you. It's beautiful.

"Stop right there, varmints!" Done It ordered

"I hate this place!" Sonic said, glaring at the Council.

Mr. Doctor Eggman angrily points at them.

"Destroy them!"

Eggforcers fly at you, Sonic, and Nine. Sonic spins and knocks them at the Council. Nine runs back to the computer and types in the password as he gets inside, closing the door, locking the council out.

"Thanks for stopping by." Sonic winked as the doors closed in front of the Council.

"I've locked the Chaos Council out of the system, but it won't last long." Nine informed us.

"Don't tell me we're trapped in here?" Sonic asked in exasperation.

"Are you kidding?" Nine smiled smugly, "This is all going according to my plan."

Suddenly, you heard a loud thud and turned to see Babble's bot outside of the broken window.

Babble yelled something angrily. He then fires his rattle through the broken window. You, Sonic, and Nine dodge it.

"Did you plan for that?" Sonic questioned the rattle.

"That? No." Nine deadpanned.

Babble fires at Sonic. Sonic dodges and runs to the shard case. You and Nine jumped on to it sitting together as Sonic came rushing pushing it as the doors opened. He speeds through them and more doors open. You, Sonic, and Nine start down the stairwell.

"Stop! The Council thinks we're going down..." Nine smirks and takes out a regulator ring that Sonic wears. The trio lean over to the edge.

"...but we are taking a different path." Nine drops it down the stairwell.

"Neat." You smirked.

"Oh, things are finally coming together. We've got the Shards. We can finally fix everything!" Sonic said happily.

"It's going to be perfect!" Nine added, looking joyfull.

You three ran away from the stars just then, an army of Eggforcers fly down the stairwell. Behind the grate on the landing, you, Sonic, and Nine stand with the case in the tunnel.

"Why aren't they powering down?" Sonic asked. "We have the Shards!"

"Residual prism energy stored in the Mothership. They're not powering down any time soon." Nine explained and walked off.

In a large room, two Eggforcers stand guard in front of the Shatterdrive. Nine takes off another grate and steps in silently. He sees his craft and the guards. You and Sonic watch Nine creep behind on his tails. Nine jumps on top of the Shatterdrive and goes to the front and deactivates the guards.