Happy Birthday! | [Ashlyn]

Huh. How ironic that I made a chapter about Ashlyn's birthday, when it's not even her birthday today 💀

If this makes you cry, feel free to attack me 💔

---------

It was the 3rd of June. You might be wondering, what is special about it. That's what Ashlyn asks herself.

A few months ago, the group were sharing their birthdays in the group chat, and Ashlyn said hers. She saved everyone's birthdays, and even memorized them. She didn't expect anyone to do the same. It was just some random conversation going on.

But today, not even a single person said anything to her. Her parents were too busy, and they were not home. The others didn't even mention. Not even a single word about her mentioned.

So now, she was in the classroom, and the teacher for this subject isn't here, so the others were chattering and stuff. Some were playing, and being loud, but Ashlyn didn't care. She just wanted at least one person to say it.

She snapped out of her thoughts, as she approached the group, who were in a circle. Aiden and Tyler were arguing over stuff, while Taylor, Logan and Ben were chatting.

She cleared her throat, as she sat next to them.

"Hey, Ash!" Aiden chuckled.

"Sup Carrot-top" Tyler greeted. Taylor smiled softly as she waved at her, followed by Logan and Ben.

"So uh... What's the day today?" She asked.

"June 3" Logan said, adjusting his eyeglasses.

They're now going to get it, Logan clearly said it out loud, so she was waiting. But all she waited was the silence. Aiden and Tyler continued on arguing, Logan was talking to Ben, and Taylor-

"Hey, what's up Ash?" She asked.

"Is something bugging you?"

"Nope.."

Of course there is, it's my birthday.

"Oh, great!" Taylor chuckled, and Ashlyn smiled back. But deep down, she was disappointed, that even Taylor didn't remember.

School ended, and the others went home. Ashlyn wasn't going to take the bus. Instead, she's walking home. Alone. Like how she'll celebrate her birthday.

When she got home, she closed the door behind her, before she dropped her bag and went up to her room.

She dropped herself to her bed, as she grabbed the nearest pillow near her, and hugged it. Tears were starting to well up on her eyes, as she was sobbing quietly.

She tried to give hints about it, but in the end, no one even got it. Not even a single message in the group chat mentioned her birthday. It was as if it's a regular day for them.

Ashlyn felt unimportant. Not even anyone said a single 'happy birthday!' to her. Not even her parents. They're too busy.

But yet, she felt selfish and self-centered. Why was she so sad about this? She can celebrate it next year, but why was she so sad about it? Why is she trying to blame them, when she didn't even tell them properly. It felt like it's her fault.

After a while, she tried to get her phone again, to look at her messages to see if ANYONE at least greeted her. None. Not even anyone. They were chatting random stuff and things.

He wished that Aiden would at least remember. He remembers both important and stupid shit. But that was proven wrong again.

Maybe her birthday isn't that important after all. Maybe she wasn't important. The reason why they've been in the phantom dimension was because she was born, wasn't it? So maybe that's why no one wanted to celebrate it. And it felt right to her, but wrong at the same time.

It felt like she doesn't even exist, even though she's breathing.

It's as if nothing ever mattered.

------------

I apologize if I made any of you all cry lmao 😭