Father | [Hernandez Twins]

Edit Log 1: LMFAO I REALIZED I MISSPELLED FATHER INTO FARHER I'M SOBBING

Hello hello another twin centric. And I'm now calling them Hernandez Twins because idk? Lol

Btw they're 8 in this time line

------

Months after the death of their father wasn't easy, of course. They didn't have much time to act like kids anymore. Especially Tyler. He took the role and was able to make this family stable, despite barely being a teenager.

Throughout these years, he has always been present in Taylor's life, of course. They were twins after all, and they were the closest. They always share their secrets, keep each other safe, and more. They even share the same room, even though it's too small for two kids. They didn't care, as long as the other was with them.

"Taylor, it's time for bed" Tyler informed Taylor, who had just watched a random show on TV. She nodded sleepily, using her last bit of consciousness to grab the remote control and turn off the TV. Tyler gestures her to follow him, and Taylor responded with another sleepy nod.

As Tyler was walking up the stairs, Taylor was following him like a sleepy dog. Suddenly, she had a thought, so she spoke in a voice thy was barely audible, but only Tyler could hear. "Hey Ty.. What does having a father feel like..?"

Tyler stopped for a moment, as he turned his head to look at her. "Wha..?"

"What does having a father feel like again?" She asked again, yawning after.

He stared at her for what seemed like a minute, until he spoke. "It feels nice"

Taylor smiled, as she said "really?"

Tyler nodded.

"Yeah, you feel loved, safe and.." Tyler trailed off, as he noticed her tiredness.

"Hey, we should go back to bed." Tyler gently held Taylor's hand, as he started to lead her to the hall that was leading up to their bedroom. The silence was once again broken by Taylor's soft and sleepy voice.

"Can I ask one more question?"

"..yes"

"..."

"..."

"Why does a child feel like a person is their father, but they're not..?"

Tyler stopped again, but he continued to walk with Taylor.

"Maybe it's because that father or person was kind, caring and loving.

He opened the door quietly, as he lead Taylor to their shared twins sized bed.

"He does his best to take care of that kid."

Tyler gently helped Taylor sit down on the bed, as he continued.

"That father loved that kid so much, that he's willing to sacrifice himself so the kid would be happy."

He laid her down, as he tucked her in. He made sure to keep her warm.

"He's willing to work all the time to support his family, and his arms are always open to comfort anyone."

Tyler planted a kiss on Taylor's forehead, as he ended his explanation with a simple sentence. "That's why the child thinks that person is their father. It's because they act like one."

He got up and went on the other side of the bed, and laid down next to her.

"Goodnight, Tay"

Tyler was expecting her to respond with a 'goodnight Ty!', but something different came out instead.

"I love you, dad.."

Those were the words she muttered under her breath before she slept.

Tyler's eyes widened in surprise as he turned his head to see his twin fast asleep. He chuckled, we he smiled softly.

"I love you too, Tay"

-------

Btw, a gentle reminder that they're 8 in this time :3 (idk what age was when their father died tbh)

I know that they have a bunk bed, but let's pretend that was before they have it because idk-

Father figure Tyler will always live in my heart rent free. I don't care if they're just minutes apart, father figure Ty will have my heart.

Another reminder: don't take Tyler kissing Taylor in the forehead a creepy or inscest way, just a way of showing affection like y know, family members.