The Sun Dares not Shine Again.

(This takes place in the Poppy Playtime universe, and Sunrae, Chassity (soul of the dead) and Moonlite are insert ocs! This takes place in chapter 2- early chapter 3)

Player POV:

"So this is where the rejected toys go, eh?" I said, scanning the messy warehouse full of toys and papers.

"Yes." Chassity's soul whispered to me. "We might be able to find her around here somewhere, she hasn't left this place for years!"

"Find who, exactly?"

"Sunrae."

Based on her name, she has to have some relation with Moonlite, and she wasn't very.. docile, let's say. But, it seems that Chassity trusts her, so she might not seem too bad. I began looking around for any signs of life, when I tripped over something. I looked behind me and saw Moonlite. I jumped, but upon further inspection, it seemed to be.. a toy? Like, a normal, non-living one. Why was it here? Maybe it was one of the few they forgot to get rid of? There was a string attached to what seemed to be a voice box, so I pulled it. Why? No clue.

"The night never rests!" The toy shouted enthusiastically. That was weird. It's been at least a decade, so how is her voice box so clear and intact? I pulled again, wanting to know what else it would say.

"Follow the stars, you might like where they lead!" It shouted. These messages seemed quite wholesome, but if I've learned anything from listening to the voicelines of the cardboard cutouts, there's always some kind of disturbing undertones.

I pulled the string again, and sure enough, the wholesome quotes had come to an end. Instead, when I pulled the string, the room was filled with guttural screams. There were sounds of blood splattering, and I couldn't help but wince at the sounds. It was loud, almost able to break glass. Slowly, the screams were replaced by heavy breathing, and my ears finally got a break. The breathing finally stopped, and I came to the conclusion that it was over. Hesitantly, I slowly pulled the string once more, and was met with the heavy breathing again. Then, a slow, maniacal laugh intertwined with the breathing. Slowly, it began to increase, growing louder, and louder, and more insane.

It was enough to drive another person insane.

All of a sudden, the sounds of bones being broken and crushed filled the room, but that laughter never stopped. What was terrifying was that it sounded so.. genuine. The laughter didn't sound pained or forced, it sounded like this person was having fun. Almost as if they were happy. There was nobody else in the room, from what I could tell from the audio, so this person was doing it to themselves, breaking their own bones. I was just about to get more curious when the audio stopped. I pulled the string, and the doll said the same thing it said at the beginning. I guess that's all.

I proceeded to look for this "Sunrae" person when I felt a strange warmth emanating from a nearby vent. It was a pretty big vent, and I crawled into it. After a good few minutes, I came across the source of the warmth. There was a small crawl space which had a burning fire, and there was someone sitting in front of it. They were wrapped up in what looked to be a blanket, their hands near the fire.

"Chassity, I think there's someone here." I said, hoping that she could hear me.

"Sunrae?" Chassity said, her voice apparently alerting whoever was near the fire.

"..."

Silence.

"It's been a while since I've heard that voice. How have you been, Chassity?" Sunrae said softly.

"I've been well. But we need your help."

"..."

"Please, tell us what you know about Moonlite." I said, slowly stepping into the crawl space.