New Student!

//RRRRRING!!!//

Pluto's POV:

UGH! It's times like these where I wish school was like the movies.. Maybe I'd have more friends then. Charlie's suspended, Chassity is too, Kenzie's actin' all weird and giving me the silent treatment, so I have no one to hang out with! And to make matters worse.. I have Miss Keegan's class for first period. What a great way to start out the day. I stood in front of her door. It was too early for this.

I swung the door open, ducking my head down low in hopes that Miss Keegan didn't remember that I skipped my detention and call Trever. I made my way to the back of the classroom and sat at the table, putting my bag on the empty seat beside me. Maybe she really did forget!

"Pluto, 1 week lunch detention." Miss Keegan said, the students around me laughing and "ooooo"ing.

"What?!" I shouted. So much for her forgetting.

"Hey. I didn't tell you to skip your detention, you made that choice on your own. Now you'll deal with the consequences. Also, I didn't get your homework."

I sighed, pulling out my laptop and turning in my work on Google Classroom. "There."

"Thank you for cooperating. Now, we have a new student coming in about 5 minutes, I expect you all to be kind to her and welcome her."

All of a sudden, the door opened and a girl who looked to be around my age walked in. She had long blonde hair and a white slavic fur hat on her head. Her skin was a shade of ebony and she was wearing a black and white suit with a black tie. Fancy. She had black eyes that seemed voidless, but they were very pretty regardless.

"Oh, it seems you've come earlier than expected. Please introduce yourself to the class and speak loud enough so we can hear you. We don't want a repeat of last year." Miss Keegan shot a sharp glare at me.

Gee, thanks lady. What a way to introduce me to the new student.

She smiled and looked at the class.

"Salutations."

'Salutations'? She must be as fancy as the suit she wears.

"My name is Rya. I'm 16, and I don't tolerate disrespect. You may start a fight with me, but trust me when I say that I'll always finish it."

"Sure you will." A kid from the front of the class snarkily said. "And who wears a suit on the first day of school? Kinda stupid if you ask me."

"Well, I didn't ask you. And who wears clothes that look like they rolled around in neon paint in the middle of a school semester? Seeing that you've been here longer than me, one would think that you would've picked up a thing or two about fashion. But, looking at your unbrushed hair, it seems that the only thing that you've ever picked up is lint."

DAMN, DON'T HURT 'EM NOW, NEWBIE!! I guess she wasn't kidding when she said that she doesn't tolerate disrespect. The student who tried insulting her was silent and wide eyed, and the students laughed and screamed.

"M-Miss Keegan, help me out here!" The student stuttered.

"You started it, she finished it. There's nothing I can do." Miss Keegan said. "Okay, Rya. You'll sit.. next to Pluto. She sits in the back. Pluto, raise your hand."

Great. I was fine sitting alone. I don't have any issue with Rya, I just don't wanna make a bad impression. And I don't really like sitting with people. But, I slowly raised my hand and Rya began walking in my direction. I cleared my stuff off the chair and she sat down, smiling and waving at me. I waved back, and we both took out pieces of paper as the teacher wrote the word "colonialism" on the board.