7. Haunted

Book: Forbes Twins
Chapter 7: Haunted

Rosalie's Pov

I was hanging out with Matt, we was both worried for Vicki. His phone ringed and we stopped by a locker to answer it. He put it on speaker, so I could hear as well. We didn't know who it was but when we heard that familiar voice, I jumped slightly.

(speaker phone laid out below)

M: "Yeah?"

V: "Matty?"

R: "Vicki? Is that you?"

M: "Where are you? Are you okay?"

R: "We're worried about you."

V: "Yeah, I'm okay."

M: "Tell us where you are."

R: "We'll come and get you."

V: "No, guys. I just need time. Just to figure things out. Just know that I'm okay, please don't worry about me."

R: "Vick, we are worried, we miss you. Please just tell us where you--"

The line disconnected. She hung up on us.

Matt laid his back on the locker and slid down it. I slid down next to him.

"It's going to be okay, Matt. She'll be fine." I reassured him, even though it was a lie.

"I wish I could believe you, Rose, but I don't think it will be." He looked at me.

I kissed his forehead and stood up, I gestured my hand out to him, and he took it, standing up.

We walked to our classes.

----

After history class, Elena came up to me. "Hey, do you want to go see Stefan with me? Vicki might be there." I nodded, once she said Vicki's name.

We walked out of school and went over to the Salvatore house.

When we got there, Elena knocked on the door. Damon answered.

"Lea, Elena." He smiled at me and glared at her. I smiled back at him.

"Is Stefan here?" I asked. He nodded.

"Where is he?" She raised an eyebrow.

"And good morning to you, little miss 'I'm on a mission'." He chuckled. I contained my laugh.

"How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?" Elena crossed her arms.

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" Damon dropped his smirk.

"If you wanted me dead, I'd be dead."

"Yes, you would." Damon replied.

"But I'm not." Elena smirked, thinking she won the argument.

"Yet." Damon said. Elena dropped her smirk. "Come in."

"Stefan? Stefan? Where are you?" Elena called out.

"Yes?" Stefan called from upstairs. "Elena, Sal, what are you guys doing here?"

"Is Vicki here?" I asked.

"Yeah. Upstairs." He responded, heading down the stairs.

"What happens now?" Elena asked.

"We'll come up with something to tell everyone." Stefan stated. "It's going to take some time. She's a very volatile and impulsive personality. She's a drug user. I mean, that's gonna play a part in how she responds to this. I'm going to keep her here with me until I know that she's safe." Stefan explained.