Confusion.

I raced to put my clothes on right behind Hwan. We've been hooking up almost every night and it's so painfully confusing. I was such an idiot to agreeing to being friends with benefits. He has a reputation with women to keep. It's painfully confusing for another reason though. It's confusing because he treats me like his girlfriend when it's just us. It's painful because that's what I want. I can't walk away from it though. Ryder and Yoongi saw the change though. He wasn't hateful to me anymore in front of people. It was a playful nitpicking.

As I pulled up my skirt, he leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"Have a good day in class baby" he said before wrapping his arm my waist and kissing my lips. I hummed as he walked out of my door. I finished getting ready before grabbing my school bag, rushing out of my room. I groaned, knowing I have no time to eat a quick breakfast.

I walked to the dorm door, walking out and locking it behind me. I rushed down to the school halls, walking into my class.

"Good morning Ms. Cho" my professor said. I bowed to him slightly, giving him a small smile before going to my chair. My professor was the most finest man I had ever seen. He had long black hair and the most perfect features. I sighed, shaking the thoughts from my head. I was a bit sad due to the fact that I got myself into a really sad situation and I was too hooked to leave it.

Ryder told me that I shouldn't settle for being a hidden treasure, and I know he's right but I don't want to lose Hwan. There's such a spark when I'm with him and it draws me to him every time. I sighed, dropping my head down onto my arms.

I tried my best to focus in class but it wasn't getting me anywhere. I sighed, resting my forehead on my hands. I listened to the clock tick, trying not to cry from stress. I took a deep breath, straightening my posture before flipping my page of work and grabbing my colored pens and highlighters from my school pouch.

There's no reason for me to sulk over someone who isn't doing the same over me, so I'll just accept it as only hook ups, until I move on from him. I looked up at my professor and we made eye contact. I gave him a small smile and he returned it.

He's so genuinely sweet, it's weird. Sweet isn't a quality that you find often in people, let alone men now days. I went back to my work only to be scared out of it by the bell sounding.

I heard a little laugh so I looked up and it was my professor. He walked to my side of the table and tapped on it.

"Stay back and copy the rest of your notes so you don't miss stuff for the exam" he paused. "Or, take a picture of the board and you'll have homework to do by copying down everything."

I nodded, relaxing back in my seat. The great thing about college is the fact that there aren't multiple classes a day usually. Today, chemistry is my only class.

My professor put on some music and I hummed along as I copied my notes. Singing is one of my favorite things to do when I'm alone.

"You have a really nice voice" he said, smiling at me. I smiled in return, bowing my head as a little thank you.

"What's your name, so I can thank you properly?" I asked softly.

"Jung Uk, but you can just call me Uk when it's just us" he said, smiling.

I nodded, looking at him. "My name is Cheryl, but you can call me Cherry when it's just us" I said, a smile on my face.

As I finished my work, we talked about stuff that nobody ever wants to talk about with me. Stuff that I find so interesting yet others don't.

I yawned, pulling out my phone and looking at the time. "Oh shit, I have to go" I said, packing all my stuff.

He hummed in response, still looking down at his paper work. Once everything was packed, I walked up in front of his desk waiting for him to look at me.

Once he did, I gave him a small smile as I held my notes up to my chest.

"I'll finish the rest tonight Mr. Jung".

"Call me Uk when it's just us, Cherry" he said, making direct eye contact.

My heart skipped a beat and I let my mouth fall open just a little bit in attempt to respond.

"Okay, Uk. I'll have the work done tonight" I finally said.

He grabbed a sticky note, writing something down on it before handing it to me.

"My number. Put it in your phone. You don't have it since I'm new and you have to have all your professor's numbers so I've been told" he said, smiling.

I nodded, bowing before walking out. I let out a deep breath once I got outside. My stomach growled, reminding me that I haven't eaten yet.

I decided to go to the cafe because it's the closest thing with food. I walked on the sidewalk, looking at the nature. I love nature so much. It's the most beautiful thing on Earth.

As I walked closer to the turn I have to make to go to the cafe, I heard a very familiar name being called.

"Hwan, stop it" a girl said, giggling. I sneakily peaked behind the corner of a bush, hoping it was a different Hwan. It wasn't. My heart felt like it wash shattering in two as I listened to them talk. They sounded like a couple who was in love.

That's when I knew then that he speaks to everyone that way. That I'm really not special. I sighed, straightening myself up and fixing my clothes before walking forward, making sure to avoid eye contact.

Out of my right eye, I could see his eyes widen at the sight of me. He flinched towards me as if he was going to try and stop me, but the girl pulled him down for a kiss. I scoffed as I continued walking, already having accepted the fact that I'm nothing more to him than a hookup, so that's what he'll be to me.

The sex is too good to let go of, so I won't let my emotions on something that was never actually a thing, effect that. Plus, I don't want to have sex with someone else right now. Losing my virginity was a big deal to me, even though I was drunk.

My phone dinged in my pocket. I took it out, looking at the screen. It was Hwan.

H: Hey, we still on for tonight?

C: Ye

H: You okay?

Read

I rolled my eyes, putting my phone on Do Not Disturb before walking back to the cafe. I sighed as I walked in.

"I'll have it right out hun" Ryder said, knowing what I wanted already. I walked to a table and sat, pulling out my laptop and connecting my phone to it so I could sync all my photos and copy my notes off my laptop instead of my phone.

I took out my paper and pens, placing them both on the table. Ryder set my dragonfruit lemon tea and blueberry scone in front of me, a refreshing feeling coming over me as he smiled at me. "Tell me later, I'm super busy right now boo, K?" he said softly, rubbing my arm and giving me a smile. I nodded before going back to my work, sipping on my drink every few seconds.

"Cherry?" a voice chirped. It was Uk. I lifted one eyebrow for a moment, but it switched into a smile.

He walked over and I moved my stuff out of the way. "I come here after classes everyday, I don't see you here" he said with a smile. I chuckled before letting out a small laugh.

"I don't come often, but I didn't eat this morning so I'm taking the time to do it now while I finish my task" I replied, sipping at my drink.

He talked and talked, which might be my favorite thing about him. I love listening rather than talking, and I feel like he knows that and that's why he talks so much around me.

We sat and talked for what felt like hours. He's so kind, if only Hwan was like Uk.