Trying.

I sighed as I forced myself out of bed. Today was my last day of being jobless and I wanted to actually do something fun. I haven't talked to Hwan and I haven't responded to Uk's messages. I'm sure at this point he's aware that I know he has a wife and possibly children. I sighed, stripping down and walking into my bathroom. After doing my showering and doing my routine, I put on a cropped black tank and put a cropped jacket on top of it. I grabbed my grey sweats and put on my nike shoes. I grabbed my keys and phone before walking out of my room. I trudged into the kitchen, bending over to grab a bottle of water. 

"You've been avoiding me, Cherry". It was Hwan, of course. I turned around, looking up at him. He was directly behind me, staring down at me with lit eyes. I sighed in defeat, resting on the fridge. "I'm sorry. I don't know what to say to you." He smiled at me, leaning down and kissing my forehead. I looked up at him, a burning sensation pushing on my stomach. We stared into each other eyes for a good minute before we could no longer resist, and pushed ourselves into each other. I melted into the kiss as he picked me up, walking into my room. He closed and locked the door before laying me down gently on the bed. The way he kissed me felt different from before. 

I lay in his arms, the slight feeling of sweat rolling down my chest. He breathed heavily, rubbing the bed of his thumb in circles on my shoulder. He chuckled, pulling me on top of him. 

"You're still really loud. Hope nobody was home" he smirked, obviously teasing me. I rolled my eyes, pinching him softly. I moved up a bit, kissing him softly. His hands gripped my waist tightly, making me chuckle against his lips. He smirked, breaking from the kiss. 

"Alright, go start the shower while I change the sheets" he said, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes once again before getting up and walking to the bathroom. 

After our shower, we laid down on my new sheeted, freshly made bed. He laid down in between my legs, massaging my thighs as I scrolled on instagram and he watched youtube on my laptop. I took one of my hands and pushed my fingers through his hair. He groaned, leaning back into the feeling. 

"I missed this so much Cherry" he said softly, breaking the comfortable silence. I put my phone down, moving my hand as he flipped around to face me. Once he was comfortable, I put my fingers back through his hair, massaging lightly. He looked up at me, smiling. He planted small kisses on the bottom of my stomach. 

"I love you, Cherry" he whispered. My eyes widened, and my fingers stopped moving. 

"What?" I said, looking at him. Love is a scary thing to me, but I crave it so bad. Especially with him. The pain I felt about Uk washed away in with those three words from the man that I wanted to begin with. This is what I wanted with Hwan. Over the time we've been whatever we were, I had most definitely fallen in love with him, and I knew that. 

"I've been in love with you for a while Cherry. I was scared of that. I've only been in love with one person and she.." he paused, closing his eyes. "She died" he finished. My heart dropped, and I felt so sorry for him. 

"Kidding, she was a whore and broke every fiber of hope for love that I had, so she's dead, to me" he said, smiling at my face. I smacked my lips, slapping his arm lightly. He chuckled loudly, his eyes turning into a smile. 

"Anyway, I was scared that it would happen again. She wasn't even all that and still did me the way she did. I was scared, and I should have been honest with you but like I said, I was scared you would leave me."

I stared at him, nodding my head as he spoke. 

"So, I want to ask you something" he said, smiling as he got off the bed and dropped one knee on the ground. He pulled out a rose golden heart shape box. I stood up, fighting tears. 

"Cherry Lyn Cho Brookes, will you be my girlfriend?" he said, smiling up at me. I nodded frantically, letting him put the ring on my finger. The ring sparkled under my ball lights. I jumped into his arms, squealing. Happy was an understatement. I was undeniably in love with Hwan.