23 | Bro Idk I Don't Have Time For This Rn

ARTICLE TITLE: Bro Idk I Don't Have Time For This Rn

DRAFTED TEXT: (how am i gonna bring soo ho to school today bruh)

"Are you okay? Do you need a break?"

"I'm okay, cutie. We're almost there anyway."

Soo Ho's arm was wrapped around Y/n's shoulder as they walked — Soo Ho tried his best to, really — down the empty hallway of the school. Y/n had tried to convince him to stay home, but he wouldn't listen, insisting they couldn't skip school for such a small thing.

Deep down, Y/n suspected he wanted to confront Bum Seok.

A call had woken them up in the morning. The people who'd checked over Soo Ho's mopped had confirmed his breaks had been cut through, informing him of the huge sum he would have to pay right after.

"Fuck, I knew it," Soo Ho had said as he'd put his phone down, laying his head back on the pillow. "I knew I saw those dumbasses there yesterday."

Y/n had leaned on her elbow, half-hovering over him as she'd furrowed her brows. "What're you talking about?"

Soo Ho pursed his lips for a moment, then raised a hand and ran it through Y/n's hair. "Bum Seok's friends were there last night. I saw them running."

As she slid the classroom door open, Y/n felt multiple pairs of eyes looking back. She ignored everyone but Bum Seok as the two held eye contact.

"Are you two coming to school now?" the teacher asked, snapping Y/n out of her glare.

"I'm sorry," Soo Ho said as he took off his bag and let it fall to the ground. Y/n tried her best to help him sit down as the teacher beckoned the rest of the class to look back ahead.

Y/n took her seat on the other side of the classroom, near Si Eun. As she sat down, she noticed the boy had been looking at her, his eyes slightly wide. He looked concerned, something he didn't show often.

He shrugged his shoulders as if asking, What happened? Y/n waved him off. Ask Soo Ho, she mouthed back and looked back ahead.

The teacher continued talking, but she couldn't concentrate. Her mind stayed on Soo Ho in the back. Does his leg hurt? Is he comfortable? Is he going to manage to make it home?

On Jo turned around in her desk, dropping a paper on Y/n's before looking ahead again. Y/n's eyes snapped from the wall she'd been staring at down to the crumbled note. After making sure the teacher wasn't looking at her, Y/n opened the note, her eyes scanning over.

Is everything okay? What happened to Soo Ho?

Y/n licked her drying lips. Picking up a pen, she quickly wrote back. It's better now. He fell off his mopped last night.

On Jo's eyes widened once she'd read the note, but she didn't press the matter further. Y/n leaned back in her chair, her mind drifting off to Soo Ho again. She looked back at him for a second — his body was facing the windows and his eyes bore straight ahead; straight at Bum Seok, it seemed like. She watched as he took his pink pillow out, though his eyes remained on Bum Seok for a few more seconds.

Curious, Y/n looked back, too. Bum Seok was looking ahead now. The two made eye contact and Y/n couldn't help but note just how much different he looks without his glasses. He'd switched out his cream cardigan for a darker one, too, which didn't suit him at all.

Bum Seok wouldn't look away. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows at him before turning back ahead, though she felt like his eyes were still on her. A shiver ran through her body.