Chapter 4

I was welcomed by Harry with a warm smile "hey, nice to see you again. Sorry for the short notice."

"It's fine" I beamed at him, before I gave him a welcoming hug and we both headed inside.

Walking into the building I felt several eyes fall onto us, specifically me, since nobody there knew who I was.

We both headed towards a fairly tall, bald man who was holding a camera. "This is Kon, one of our camera men, he'll show you where to go. Good luck." Harry smiled at me before walking off towards where the others were sat, who I assumed to be the rest of the so called 'sidemen' group my sister told me about.

Kon turned to me, smiling before leading me towards what looked to be a changing room. "Here's your room, you'll be called down when it's your turn to come onto the set. What's your name?"

"Nancy" I gave him a nervous smile.

"Nice to meet you Nancy, I'll come for you when it's time. Good luck." He gave me a reassuring smile before leaving the changing room, where I was sat alone.

Eventually, a couple of other girls joined me in the changing rooms, who were also going to be guests as part of the tinder video.

Scattered around the dressing room were multiple vanity tables, which everyone had claimed one to themselves. Mine was in the far right corner, since I didn't really talk to anyone there and would rather be alone.

I took the spare time I had to redo some of my makeup, and make final adjustments to my hair, before eventually I heard Kon walk in.

"Nancy, you're up." He yelled, so loudly that probably the whole set could hear him.

Immediately, I stood up and began to follow him; I was petrified as this was my first time properly in front of a camera, so I knew I had to make a good first impression.

"And, action!" I heard Kon say, taking that as my queue to enter the set. As I walked onto the set, I stood behind the cardboard cutout, which seemed to represent the swiping left or right feature in tinder.

I gave everyone a nervous smile before beginning to speak. "Hello, I'm Nancy, I'm 23 and I come from Doncaster but I moved to London when I turned 18. Im a model and social media influencer." I felt everyone's stares at me, before the first person came to the front of the queue.

A short but kind-looking man stood in front of me confidently; he had jet black hair and wore a white t-shirt with the 'sidemen' brand over the neck collar. "Hello I'm Vik, I'm 24 and are you a plant? Because I think you should just leaf." He gave me a smug smile before beginning to walk towards the 'no' section before I even had the chance to speak; I could hear the shocked reaction of the boys as they went round to hug Vik, before returning to the line.

"It's okay, he was clapped anyway." I said impulsively, before laughing. The boys all stood, shocked before beginning to laugh at Vik. "Ooh you got violated there mate." I heard a deep voice say before the all came back to face me and the next person stepped forwards.

The rest actually went quite smoothly, with me swiping right to Simon, Jj and Tobi but left to Josh and Ethan. The only person left was Harry.

His eyes locked onto mine when he saw me, before giving me a nervous smile. "Uh....hello I'm Harry, I'm 23 and are you a Pokémon? Because I would like to pikachu, naked."

I couldn't help but laugh at the pick-up line, it was so cringe but worked so well. I could hear the other boys laughing at him to. However, he stood, smiling at me and waiting for my response.

"Uh,... you know what, it's a yes." I beamed at him as he swelled with delight before going to join the others.

Thank god that was over I said before exiting the set and returning to the changing rooms. I was the second to last person, so I still had to wait before I had the chance to talk to any of the others behind the scenes. I took this time to collect my belongings and scroll on Pinterest, in order to find some more inspiration for my instagram posts.

Eventually, after the shoot had finished, I felt a gentle knock at the door. One of the girls at the other side of the room shouted "come in".

"Hey, is Nancy in here? I'd like to speak to her." I heard a gentle but deep voice say. I replied with a "yeah sure" before walking towards the door; Harry was stood there in the hallway, looking shy.

I heard several whispers from the other girls as I walked outside with Harry, curious for what he had to say.

"So......I just wanted to say thanks for coming, you did really well." He gave me a nervous smile.

"Thanks, although I wasn't a fan of some of the pick-up lines aimed at me." I side-eyed towards Vik's direction and Harry began to chuckle.

"So what I was going to ask was....."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"My friend who you probably haven't heard of called Cal is hosting a party tonight at this club, I thought it would be a good idea if you could come... you know.... So we can get to know each other better." He began to twiddle his thumbs anxiously, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Sure, message me a time and a place and I'll be there." I smiled generously at him as he looked up to face me. Just as our eyes met, the moment of silence was interrupted by a tall, slim man, which if I could remember correctly was Simon.

"Sorry can I just steal Harry for a minute? We need him for a meeting." He placed his hands on Harry's shoulders, almost to guide him away.

I nodded at him and smiled, before Harry mouthed to me "see you tonight." Then, he vanished out of sight, leaving me alone to simmer in my thoughts.