11.

Lando's POV

I don't know what happened last night between Nova and me.
But what I did know, is that I was jealous.

Just the possibility of Max kissing her or even worse, seeing her naked, made me want to punch him.

She took me home and cuddled until we both fell asleep.
She was still asleep when I needed to go to training so I kissed her cheek and whispered something cute.

I can't even remember exactly what I told her but it made her smile in her sleep.

Something was definitely happening between us again. Maybe she did feel something for me again.

So it surprised me when she rejected to go out with me and the boys tonight.
It was our last night in Monaco before I had to go to the next race.

She was tired so she didn't want to go out, even if she wasn't gonna see me for more than a week.

Maybe she didn't feel something for me after all.

Max Verstappen and a couple of my other friends were already in the club when I walked in.

The were in the VIP section and already ordered some bottles, which I gracefully took advantage of.

Tom, one of my closest friends looked at me and smirked. "On the pull again mate?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I poured myself a drink. Max Verstappen looked at me, frowning. He probably didn't understood what was happening.

But he was also the last person I wanted to talk to right now.

I already threw a few drinks back when a random girl sat down next to me. "Are you alone?" She asked.

Fuck, this was gonna be way too easy.

She was not my usual type, not the type I was particularly attracted to, but definitely the type I hooked up with.

Fake blonde hair, fake lashes, short dress.

And she was all over me.

"I am alone, are you?" I asked, leaned a bit closer to her. "Definitely am."

She moved her body closer, put her hand on my chest and looked at me.
I already had her exactly where I wanted her to be.

She was definitely gonna be my hookup for tonight.

I put my hand on her cheek and just as we were about to make out, I felt a nudge in my side.

I turned my face and saw Max, he nodded his head in the other direction.

I followed his gaze and immediately backed away.

Fuck.

It was Nova, she was standing a bit further away, looking at me. It was pretty dark in the club, but I was sure she had tears in her eyes.

She shook her head, turned around and wanted to walk out.

No, no, fuck.

I got up up and walked after her. "Nova, please wait" I almost yelled as I grabbed her arm.

"Don't fucking touch me" she said as she pulled her arm back.

"You said you weren't coming" I said, I had no other excuse, I fucked it up.

I pulled her body closer to mine, I didn't want her to leave. I wanted to explain, even if there was nothing to explain.

"So that gives you the right to hook up with yet another Barbie doll?" She pushed me away. "I got it Lando, I fucking got it"

"What do you mean?" My heart broke a little, because I already knew what she meant.

"We" she pointed at us. "are completely done"

I watched as she walked to the bar and I didn't go after her.

Because it had no use and also because she was right.

I fucked it up.