25.

Charles and I didn't really talk about what happened last night.

Not that anything special happened though. We just fell asleep in each other's arms.

But I woke up with the same question on my mind. Not the one I asked Lando - that one was forever gonna be unanswered.

I was still wondering why I was here? Where was Charlotte?

And for some reason, I felt as if Charles would be honest with me. He wouldn't be so secretive about it.

"Why exactly am I here Charles?" I asked straight up.

He shrugged. "Because I like spending time with you"

"I thought I was gonna be your cover?"

He grabbed his cap and looked at me. He was thinking about what he could answer to that.

So he gave me the truth.

"For me, you're not a cover anymore. Charlotte and I decided to go our separate ways." He sat down next to me on the bed. "I am doing this for you, to make Lando jealous"

"Well that's not necessary anymore" I mumbled.

"I figured from last night" he said softly.

I sighed. "Yeah, so I guess we stop this?" We didn't need to fake around anymore. There was literally no reason anymore.

"I guess" he agreed but we were both kind of reluctant about it.

I would kinda miss spending time with him. I actually felt safe, loved and forgot about Lando while I was with him.

I dated many people after Lando, but I never had feelings for them. I just wanted to make Lando jealous.

Exactly the reason why I started this thing with Charles.

But I never felt like this before, not with anyone I dated after Lando.

We still agreed that I would stay for this raceweekend, to not raise suspicion.

So while I was here, I would make the most of it and try to avoid Lando.

"Hi babes, you're here with Lando?" Kelly asked as I walked up to her. She was sitting at the Red Bull hospitality.

Somewhere I would be safe from Lando.

"I'm actually here with Charles" I said, kissing her cheek and sitting down next to her. "Oh so the rumors are true" she chuckled.

She was probably the only one who didn't completely believe our little act. I could see it on her face.

"No, it was an act to make Lando jealous" I admitted, because she already suspected this.

I left out the part where I was a cover for Charles as well. She didn't need to know that.

She rolled her eyes. "Or you can just tell him you miss him?"

Yes Kelly, I could do that but he couldn't even tell me who he fucked.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Lando and I are completely done" I said.

She didn't believe me.

"So why are you still here? For Lando?" She leaned a bit closer to me. "Or for Charles?"

I sighed. I didn't know so I just shrugged and looked at the Ferrari hospitality.

Charles was sitting outside, together with Carlos.

He wasn't looking at Carlos, he was looking at me and I was looking at him.

We both smiled at each other before my phone buzzed on the table.

I already suspected it would be Lando, so I already wanted to sigh.

But it wasn't Lando. It was Charles.

You look absolutely beautiful. I wish I had the balls to tell you this in person.

I looked down, smiled and answered Kelly's question with the blush on my face.

The reason I was still here...

was Charles.