Chapter 5: Kiss

"Narinder... Narinder, wake up..."

Narinder's eyes opened for a second, but it was enough to see who was in front of him, Heket.

He immediately snapped his eyes open. "Heket? What are you doing? It's midnight."

"Shut up and make room," Heket said as she smiled on Narinder's bed.

Narinder made some room as he tried to stay asleep enough to fall asleep again. "What's wrong, sister?" he asked.

"Nothing. I don't want to talk about it," Heket said, her back turned to Narinder as she tried to get comfy.

She had always kinda been like this, being uncomfortable with showing weakness, so Narinder could only guess what happened. Perhaps she had an argument and it got her heated, but it was midnight, everyone was asleep. Perhaps she screwed up in something and is just feeling down, but why would she come to him?

Narinder decided to push a little, what's the worst that could happen other than her beating him for annoying her? "You sure? You wouldn't just come here just 'cause you feel like it."

Heket sighed, "I... had a bad dream?"

"Are you asking me?" Narinder laughed.

"Just don't fucking tell anyone!" Heket yelled, "I can't let anyone know I got this freaked out by a dream, Leshy would never shut up about it!"

"I've picked on you too sometimes. Why come to me?" Narinder asked.

"'Cause Shamura's and Kallamar's doors were locked," Heket explained, "You were not my first option."

"Well... nonetheless... you're always welcome here, sis. You want to talk about the dream?" Narinder asked.

"No..."

"You sure? Might help."

Heket was silent for a while, "....Everyone left me..." she muttered.

Narinder gave a sympathetic look, "Heket, no one is going to leave you. Trust me... you're our only sister, we all... care for you."

Heket let out a laugh, "Thank... brother."

"Of course, sister. Sleep tight."

~*~

The morning seemed to come too fast for Narinder. All night he was wondering if his acting cut it. Would The Lamb believe that he actually wanted to try this marriage? The thought of the marriage made Narinder want to puke.

Narinder got up and got dressed before walking out of his cabin.

As he saw Lamby, yes, Lamby, that's what he has decided to call them, it was mostly 'cause he just needed a name other than The Lamb, but also 'cause he felt like it would convince Lamby that Narinder was trying to kill him and take the crown.

As he sees Lamby in the distance, he thinks of what to say. Should he act lovey-dovey? Narinder gags at the thought. Should he just act casual? That was better.

Narinder approached The Lamb with a casual demeanor. The Lamb turned towards him, blush and nervousness breaking out onto his face, "Good morning," Narinder greeted, forcing a smile.

"Oh! Good morning Nari! Sleep well?" The Lamb asks.

"Yeah, never better. You?" Narinder asks back.

The Lamb laughs, "Oh, I don't sleep. I try to but soon enough I just want on a crusade."

"Oh, I see... Well, at least you're productive," Narinder replied, relieved that his casual approach seemed to be working.

"Yeah... want breakfast?" The Lamb asks.

"Nah, I'm never hungry in the morning," Narinder says back.

"Oh. Ok, well, I'm gonna go on another crusade," The Lamb says as he walks off, waving.

"Ok, have fun, Lamby," Narinder says back as he starts to turn away when The Lamb stops in his tracks.

"Lamby?" The Lamb asks.

"Um yeah... that's what I decided to call you," Narinder replies, nerves that ticked The Lamb off somehow.

The Lamb turns around, "Lamby?" his eyes tear up as a big smile spreads across his face.

"Um....yeah..." Narinder feels a little sweat fall off his face.

The Lamb suddenly runs and jumps on Narinder, tackling him to the ground. Narinder feels the air being knocked out of his lungs as he watches The Lamb laugh and hug him tightly.

"Oh, I love it!!" The Lamb yells, "I love it!!"

Narinder pats The Lamb's back, "You're welcome, Lamby. You're crushing me."

The Lamb lifts his face and stares at Narinder, their faces only a few inches away, Narinder could feel The Lamb's breath on his skin, it smelled nice.

The Lamb put a hand on the back of Narinder's head as he stares, "Nari..."

"Lamby?" Narinder felt sweat fall. Damn it The Lamb was going to kiss him, he just could tell, and he was going to have to suffer through it.

Narinder saw as The Lamb's face got closer and Narinder closed his eyes as he waited for the inevitable.

Narinder felt The Lamb's lips press against him in a gentle kiss. It was soft and tender, Narinder felt his face go warm, god what was happening to him.

As The Lamb pulled away, their faces were very red, "Sorry Nari I just.. couldn't resist."

Narinder swallowed and sucked up his disgust, "It's ok Lamby.... I kinda liked it."

He.... kinda liked it....

-What do you all think?

-Word Count: 844