Chapter 8: Wake up

Narinder shot out of bed, tears falling from her eyes and running down his face.

It was just...a dream....

Narinder looked to his side, searching for The Lamb but...they weren't there. Narinder is silent before immediately getting up and running to the temple.

As he ran, he bumped into people. They all stared at him confused but he couldn't care less.

"Hey I'm walking here!"

"Rude! Can't you see where you're going!?"

"Could say excuse me!"

They all yelled, but as Narinder made it to the temple it was like he didn't even hear them.

He flung the doors open and there was The Lamb, getting ready to call everyone in for a sermon. When Narinder ran in though, they looked up, concerned.

"Lamb!!" Narinder yelled, as he ran over to him.

"Nari what are you-" The Lamb was cut off when Narinder pulled them into a tightly protective hug.

"You idiot!" Narinder yelled, "Why would you just leave like that!? No warning! Could have left a note or something even when crusading!"

The Lamb was silent for minutes while they stared at Narinder before a shit-eating grin spread across their face, "Aww, Nari going soft in me finally!?"

"Shut up!" Narinder yelled back before sighing, "What were even doing? A sermon I guess."

"Oh well....yeah" The Lamb seemed nervous, "Narinder, I need to tell you something."

Narinder raised an eyebrow, "What?"

The Lamb let out a nervous smile before muttering from behind clenched teeth, "I'm close to getting your siblings back."

Narinder was silent, no reaction.

"Nari?" The Lamb waves a hand in front of his face, "Narinder?"

Narinder takes a deep breath and clasping his hands together in a praying position. He then tilts his hand to point at The Lamb, "Lamby....you...are bring my siblings back?"

"Yes?" The Lamb was shaking, nervous about what was going to happen.

"The ones I...attacked years ago and made you kill?" Narinder asks again.

"Yes?" The Lamb says again.

"They're...being brought back?" Narinder asks again.

"Yes?" The Lamb backed up a bit.

Narinder turned around and let out a huge scream.

The Lamb flinched at the intensity of Narinder's reaction, their heart heavy with guilt.

"Narinder, I'm sorry," The Lamb said softly, "I didn't know how to tell you. I thought... I thought it would bring you closure, to have them back by your side."

Narinder turned back to The Lamb, "Closure? Closure!? You think bringing back people who...probably hate me!? Would bring me...closure!?"

The Lamb's face fell, "I...guess I didn't think this through..."

"Yeah!" Narinder covers his face, "Oh god...Oh god...you are not bring them back!"

The Lamb approached Narinder cautiously, "Narinder, I know I've caused you pain, and I'm truly sorry. I never intended for this to happen. But its..kinda late..."

Narinder lowered his hands, "What do you mean?"

The Lamb sighs, "I alresdy have Leshy."

Narinder silent before yelling again, "What do I do!?"

The Lamb reached out a hand, placing it gently on Narinder's shoulder. "We'll figure this out together," they said softly. "I'll do whatever it takes to make things right, to help you through this."

Narinder looked up, his eyes meeting The Lamb's, "But how?" he asked.

The Lamb thinks, "We'll gather all of them," they replied. "We'll explain the situation, apologize for everything, and try to find a way forward."

Narinder shakes his head, "That would never work... you don't know him...all of them... like I know them."

The Lamb sighs, "Just... give my plan a chance... let's apologize..."

Narinder sighs, "Fine... ok... fine..."

The Lamb smiles, "Thank you... love..."

-What y'all think?

-Word Count: 616