Chapter 6: Dinner

Narinder, the rest of the day after the kiss, avoided The Lamb like a plague. What was wrong with him? He liked the kiss!? Is he insane!? With that traitor!?

Narinder sat behind a bush, dangling his legs off an edge. He sighed as he thought. He had been doing a lot of that recently if you couldn't tell.

He missed his boys, his guards, Aym and Baal. He missed them a lot. They weren't servants to him, well okay kinda, they called him boss and master and all that, but to him, they were sons.

Shamura had given them to him back when he was first imprisoned, to keep him company, they said. However, he wondered, where did they come from? Who were their original parents? And why did Shamura do that?

Nonetheless, they kept Narinder sane and occasionally happy; they were good.

He missed them....

But they weren't the only ones he missed; he missed his siblings, all four of them, especially Shamura. Did they know it was the end for them when The Lamb threw the final strike? It wasn't a peaceful death, though that was probably expected for the god of war.

Narinder sighed as he buried his hands on his face; he felt tears slowly swell. He knew it made him weak, but no one was there with him; he could let them all out... finally...

But that's when he heard a rustling sound from behind. He snapped his head around and saw the bush behind him moving.

Narinder quickly wiped his eyes and walked over. He reached down and pulled something from inside up. It was The Lamb.

"Lamby?" he asked, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, sorry, Nari. I was just coming to tell you about dinner," The Lamb explained. "We're all having a feast, but I feel like I walked into something... are you okay? Was it about the kiss!? I'm so sorry again!"

Narinder shook his head, "No... no, Lamby... it has nothing to do with you... just... feeling down... come on, let's go to the dinner."

The Lamb nodded as they grabbed his hand and pulled him along to the temple where everyone was eating.

However, the entire time Narinder couldn't help but think more during the dinner. It didn't help that now since Narinder and The Lamb were married, Narinder sat at the end of the table with The Lamb, elbows practically touching, and at one point, everyone started chanting for them to feed each other, which The Lamb awkwardly did, with Narinder's consent.

At the end of the meal, Narinder walked back to his cabin, just wanting to rest. But that's when The Lamb walked up to him.

"Hey Nari, do you... I was wondering?" The Lamb rubbed the back of their neck awkwardly. "Do you want to sleep with me?"

Narinder's eyes widened, "Oh... um... well..." Narinder really didn't want to, and he kinda just wanted to break down in his bed, but maybe this could help him get his crown back, "Sure. Let's do it."

The Lamb smiled as they grabbed Narinder's arm and dragged him to their cabin.

When they got there, The Lamb lay down in his bed and got comfy as they patted the bed. Narinder carefully sat down, getting comfy next to them.

The Lamb stared at Narinder and smiled, "Thank you, Nari...."

Narinder nodded and lay fully down, as he tried to slowly drift off to sleep.

The Lamb placed the crown on the side and turned to their side. Narinder opened an eye, the crown... they just placed there alone...

He could snap their neck like a twig and take it!! Narinder slowly reached for The Lamb's neck; he had done it before; he could do it again.

But that's when The Lamb turned around and wrapped their arms around him, "I love you... night."

Narinder was silent as he lay back down... "Yeah... night, Lamby... night...."

-What y'all think?

-Word Count: 662