CHAPTER 16

Author's Pov:

"See, I am telling you once again. Just read and understand the formulas, theorems and other things I have marked. Those are actually important and-"

"And don't take tension. Everything will be fine. Maths is easy if you understand the question practically rather than theoretically. If you don't understand anything, you can even can me in the middle of the night, I'll explain it to you. I know that Haeun. You are telling me this for I don't know how many times", Joshua said.

Haeun smiled and nodded. "Don't worry. You will not get C this time, I am sure". Joshua took his helmet, "Anyways, bye".

Soonyoung smiled, "Bye". This time, Haeun didn't hesitate to wave back.

Soonyoung and Haeun walked back home.

Joshua reached his home just to see his father and mother waiting for him. He understood this was something serious.

"Let's have a talk, Joshua", his father said. Joshua gulped sitting infront of them, fidgeting his fingers.

His father looked at him, "I got to know that you have test tomorrow. Today was history, I know you are going to do well in it but tomorrow is maths, you subject in which you have always got less marks. I don't care about what you do but remember music is not going to fill your stomach. It is not going to help you. I have heard you spent most of your time in practicing along with your band but focus on your studies. Don't forget the promise you gave us".

Joshua looked down and nodded, "Yes". His father stared at him, "I have an image to keep. I don't want to hear people saying that Mr. Hong, one of the richest industrialist's son plays guitar in an unknown band".

Joshua again nodded, "I understand. I'll get the marks you want". His father smiled, "Now go and study". Joshua stood up looking at his mother.

He went back to his room and found his guitar missing. He ran out, "Where is my guitar?". His father looked at him, "I have kept it somewhere so you don't get distracted until your exams are over. Once your exams are over, you'll get it back".

Joshua stood infront of him, "I want my guitar, now. I'll focus on my studies but please I want it".

"I said no", his father's voice was stern. The guitar meant a lot to him. Joshua fiercely stared at his father, "I want my guitar back in my room. I'll give you two options, either bring back the guitar or I'll break the promise I made to you".

His father burned with anger seeing his son talking back. "How dare you talk back like that? I am your father". Joshua gritting his teeth said, "I want my guitar or I am not studying".

His mother came forward, "I think we should give his guitar back. Just believe me". His father looked at his mother before turning back to Joshua. He called two of his servant whispering something.

After the servants went, his mother spoke, "I have asked the servant's to keep your back at its place but I want another promise. If you don't do well in this test then you are never going to touch that guitar again. You will no more be that part of your band".

Joshua looked at his mother in disbelief. But he had no other option other than agreeing. With a defeated soul, he agreed to the conditions kept by his mother. His father smiled, "Remember the promise". Joshua nodded before going back to his own room.

He looked at the servant's keeping his guitar on its place. Again he was alone, he wasn't lying when he said he felt lonely in his own house.

"Dear, we are going out. Another business party. The dinner is already done. You can have it but get back to studies, soon. Remember the promises", his mother said. Without hearing anything she went.