CHAPTER 37

Author's Pov:

The party had finally ended, leaving Haeun with a heavy heart. She knew that Joshua would never speak to her the same way again. As she retreated to her room, the weight of the situation settled on her.

"Haeun", her mother's voice called from the other side of the door. But Haeun ignored it, burying her face in her hands. "This thing is going to haunt me even after my death", she whispered to herself.

Her mother persisted, opening the door and stepping inside. "Haeun, wait. I need to ask you something". Her expression was a mix of concern and curiosity.

“What do you want to say, Eomma?” Haeun pouted, her eyes still red from tears.

"What is going on between you and Joshua?", her mother asked directly. Haeun couldn't help but chuckle. "There's nothing going on between us, n.o.t.h.i.n.g".

Her mother's gaze intensified. "Tell me the truth, Haeun. Why did Joshua's father say something like that?".

Haeun hesitated, glancing at Soonyoung, who stood awkwardly by the door. "We almost got into a relationship", she admitted, her voice barely audible, "until his father decided to interfere".

"And what did you do? Did you choose to be with him or leave?", Her mother's eyes bore into hers.

"I wanted to be with him", Haeun confessed, "but my mind didn't want that".

Her mother's concern deepened. “What are you saying?”

"It's nothing, Eomma", Haeun replied wearily. "I'm tired. I just want some sleep". She pushed them out of her room, closing the door behind her.

Outside, Soonyoung knocked insistently. "Haeun, open the door".

"Go and sleep, Soonyoung", Haeun yelled back. "I don't want to see you as a zombie tomorrow".

"But Haeun—"

"I'm not opening the door until morning", Haeun collapsed onto her bed, burying her face in the pillow as fresh tears flowed. The weight of her emotions threatened to suffocate her.

"Why did I say that?", Haeun whispered, her words hung heavy in air. The door clicked open. "Hey, hey, hey", Soonyoung rushed in, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Don't cry", Soonyoung whispered caressing her hair, "It will be fine. Don't blame yourself". Haeun tightly hugged him.

"He must have felt so bad, Soonyoung. I'm idiot, a huge idiot", Haeun cried. Soonyoung patted her head, "Shh, don't cry. We have practice tomorrow again. Come there and talk to him".

Haeun looked at him, "You think he will hear me out?". Soonyoung shrugged, "There is nothing wrong in trying, is there?".

"Now sleep, I don't know about me but you will definitely turn into a zombie if you keep crying like", Soonyoung said.

Haeun laid back down, "What if he doesn't listen to me?". Soonyoung shrugged, "Don't think too much, you want me to sing a song for you?". Haeun nodded using his hand pillow.

Soonyoung hummed a song caressing her head until she feel asleep, "Sleep well", he gave her forehead kissed, carefully removing his hand.

Next day:

"Haeun-ie, wake up", Soonyoung's sweet voice echoed through the room as Haeun covered herself in the blanket.

"Wake up or I'm pulling your blanket", Soonyoung said. Haeun murmured something. "Okay fine", Soonyoung said pulling her blanket.

Haeun held it tight causing her to fall down with a loud thud. "Oh, you fell down", Soonyoung said rushing to her side. But this worry was soon replaced with disbelief as he saw her sleeping, again.