Chapter 22

Here is the next chapter, looking at it im not gonna make the end of the month deadline but this story will be finished soon. Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me. 

Cole's POV

In what way is this fair? For three years I have been waiting for my mate, I'm 21 so I have been able to find my mate for three years. I was becoming a little sad that I couldn't find the one meant for me. I was about to stop searching and just settle with a she wolf who had my scent so that I can start a family. Who knew that I would find my mate after returning from a recon mission, I thought my life was now complete I had everything I ever wanted. But that was very short lived when I found that there was two others claiming Jay as their mate. Then immediately after that the Alpha commanded us not to go near him, I obeyed him for a while because I believed that soon they would find out that he was mine and we could be together until the end of time. However, after I witnessed the alpha and beta brats get dragged back to the pack grounds multiple times for not listening I had enough if they could see him, so could I. But that didn't work out like I wanted. I just wanted a chance to get to know my mate like the brats did, but apparently they had to choose that same day and time to go see him as me. So we all wound up in front of the Alpha and others again, listening to them spout some legend about a blessing from the goddess herself that I thought was total crap until that passage that made me say something I had no clue what is was for or how I knew it.

From there it just gets worst, my mate leaves us so that we can figure all this out. In all that legend all I got was only one of us would get Jay. At first the brats and I looked at each other ready to kill so that we could have Jay, but I believe the same part of the story click in our minds at the same time.

'...if falsities are witnessed then the gift will be rescinded...'

What does that mean "rescinded"? Would he move on to another pack and find new mates? Would he die so that he can't be used? Would the Goddess herself come down and sweep him away? Every single one of those thought made me want to kill someone. So I had to get away, I had enough of listening to the old folks about how we had to find out which one of us is the right key. Again they say we have to stay away from him. They are strict on the brats, because they never listen, saying they aren't allowed to leave their houses. They trust me, however I plan to disobey the Alpha as soon as possible, because if I am going to lose a mate I never had a chance to be with then I will make sure I get to know my heaven and earth before I lose it.

It was awhile before they let us go, but as soon as they did I made them think I was going to the training grounds so that I may blow off steam but as soon as I was out of sight I took off into the woods. I circled around to the road to follow my mates scent, it smelled that he was headed back towards his place so I took off in that direction before anyone could realize I wasn't there. Thanks to my speed I was there in 10 minutes. When I got close I was worried about his guard, however he was nowhere in sight. Is he still tied up? I have to go help him at some point. With no one in my way I go straight up to the front door and knock, after this morning I thought he would appreciate that.

I stood there and listened as my mate moved through the house to get the door, the anxiety of seeing him and what he would say had me about to have a nervous break right here on his porch. I was basically a puddle when he opened the door, and damn near broke my foot when I put it in the door so he couldn't slam it when he saw it was me.

"I just want to talk." I yelled so he could hear me.

"Yea, I've heard that before," he said while struggling to push the door closed. I didn't want to hurt him, but I really wanted to talk to him. So I put more strength than a human could have into pushing the door open, the door flew open and he stumbled back catching himself on the threshold to the living room. I stepped inside and put my hands up to show no threat hoping he would put down the heavy looking vase he was prepared to throw at me.