Part 20

(Tommy POV)

The three members of the band stared at the bassist as Tommy felt his blood boil about how Gene had spoken to his wife. He stepped forward to approach the bassist, but Paul and Eric stepped forward, blocking the younger man. Paul turned to his band mate, and the room went completely silent as everyone waited to hear what the singer had to say.

"Is no your final answer Gene?" Paul asked, pointing at the older man

"Yeah, that my definitive answer. This band needs to gain focus back on what we do best and not on what our women are doing. IT's about money, no family. There will always be time for family, but not time for us to be a touring band," Gene said, taking a seat on the couch.

"Get the fuck off my couch. You're not staying. So, no need to make yourself comfortable," Tommy snapped..

"If Tommy's family can't come, that means you have an opinion about my family coming. Which they were scheduled to come out since we are going to Japan and it's their break from school. So if you have a problem with our guitarist, that means you have a problem with me," Paul said.

"I think you should plan your own vacation with your family, not bringing them to work," The bassist replied

"Then if Tommy's family can't come, that means mine can't. Family is my priority before this band, so Doc, cancel all tour dates. This band will not tour until our bassist changes his tune," the singer said

Doc nodded his head as Tommy and Eric looked at each other, confused about what to say about the singer's decision. Gene stood up, looked around the room before looking over at Shannon and pointed at the door before walking out. The guitarist looked at the singer and saw Paul wink at the younger man, making Tommy smile.

"Well, now that we all have free time. Tommy and Eric can focus on their new families and I can focus on my art show. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to say good night and get back to my wife, who made me a very sexy promise before I left the house that would love to cash in on." The singer replied.

Tommy and Eric looked at each other before busting up laughing, knowing that their lives were going to get as complicated as their bandmates. The guitarist walked everyone to the door as Eric began to clean up the living room. Tommy looked up at the stairs, seeing you standing up at the top.

"You can come now. We have some good news," Tommy called up the stairs.

"Oh, what about that? You're only going to be gone six months instead of a year," You snapped.

"Just come down here and let me talk to you," the guitarist replied

"I'm gonna go tell Tara the good news and crash. We will see you all in the morning," Eric said..

Tommy nodded and watched as you and Eric crossed the path before you took a seat on the couch. The guitarist walked behind the couch and put his hands on your shoulder, softly massaging your shoulders. You sighed and leaned your head back, looking up at the guitarist, making him smile back at you. He leaned down and kissed your lips, softly feeling the tension melt off both of your bodies.

"I love you, Y/N. You know that right and Ill do anything for you and our son," Tommy whispered..

"I love you too. Come sit beside me and tell me the news that you have. Tara and I made a plan if you guys go out and tour, so we can both be here for each other." You replied.

Tommy walked around the couch and took a seat next to you as requested. You stood up and took a seat on his lap, making the guitarist's smile grow wider. He put his arms around you and placed one hand on your belly. So many emotions running through the younger mans body that he was unsure where to start. You cleared your throat, pulling the guitarist's attention to you again.

"Paul said if family isnt able to come on the tour, then we aren't touring." Tommy replied.

"How did Gene take that one?" You asked, looking down at the man, surprised.

"He walked out and didnt say another word. He thinks that there is plenty of time for family later and that we need to focus on being a touring band now. Paul didnt like that too much, so he said until everyone agrees, everyone stays put." The guitarist replied,

"So you'll be here for everything? For both babies?" You asked with a shy smile.

"Yeah, Ill be here for everything the three of you may need," Tommy replied, before he leaned down and kissed you roughly

The baby cried from upstairs, making the two of you groan, knowing the moment between you was over for now. Tommy grabbed your hand and pulled you toward the stairs, as he swatted your ass. Just to give a reminder that he wasn't done with you just yet, as you reached down and grabbed his hand. The two of you walked up the stairs in comfortable silence to your son's room, flipping on the light to see the baby laying there with a tear-streaked face.

"Oh, buddy, what the matter? Did you have a bad dream? Daddy is here now and I will make it all better," Tommy said to the little boy as he picked Aiden up..

"You are so good with him. I'm still scared I'm gonna break him or something." You replied.

"Youll be a natural by the time our baby comes. I just have a lot of nieces and nephews," The guitarist replied, as he took the baby to the rocking chair.

You took a seat on the arm of the chair as the guitarist began to rock the baby back and forth. The guitarist started humming softly under his breath as his son looked back at him with baby blue eyes. It melted Tommy's heart, and he started to sing his favorite Beatles song to Aiden, as you wrapped your arms around the guitarist.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these broken wings and learn to fly

All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these sunken eyes and learn to see

All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly

Into the light of a dark black night

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly

Into the light of a dark black night

Blackbird singing in the dead of night

Take these broken wings and learn to fly

All your life

You were only waiting for this moment to arise"

The guitarist looked down to see his son sleeping in his arms and turned his head to find you asleep on his shoulder. He smiled to himself and adjusted carefully so both you and the baby rested comfortably against him. Tommy closed his eyes and said a silent prayer for getting to this point in his life before he, too, drifted into a deep sleep.