Chapter 2: The Grass is Redder on the Other Side

Tap. . . Tap. . . Tap
"Can you stop that!" Seth yelled,
"What? Can't get mad at me because your friend took forever!" Ella hissed as she lifted her finger from the table she was tapping on,
"You mean 'is taking' forever. He still isn't back," Dixie corrected,
Ella glanced at Dixie in a non-amused way. Dixie smiled and waved, not knowing Ella's true feelings. Ella sighed and looked around. Everyone seemed bored. She came here to have fun. So she's gonna have it like that.
"Screw this, I'm swimming," Ella scoffed as everyone's face became wide-eyed,
"We're waiting for Cruz, remember?" Pepper said as she stood up, just in case she had to console Ella,
"Cruz can suck it,"
Ella booked it pass Pepper, the group except Molly and Seth, ran towards to Ella. Ella ran to the backyard door and opened it. She ran outside near the pool and turned around, waiting for her time to strike. It was dark outside. She knew if she tried to get her bathing suit, the team would take her out and make her wait.
The back door fully opened and Dixie hopped off the porch and ran to Ella. The group followed Dixie up to the porch then stood in fear as Dixie made her move. Dixie was getting too close to Ella, Ella tried to back up as Dixie bumped into her. Both of them landed in the pool as the porch light turned on.

. . . .

What happened? Why is it cold? As Dixie's senses kicked in, she smelt the sick metallic scent hit her nose. She felt the water sinking her lower and lower, instead of helping her float. She heard the muffled screams and cries. She knew she couldn't open her eyes. She started to swim up, her baggy clothes making her more tired.
"GET THEM OUT! GET THEM OUT!!" Molly screamed, as she looked the other way to gag,
"What do you think they're doing Molly?" Seth hissed,
Molly and Seth just stared as the others helped get Ella and soon Dixie out of the pool. As soon as the red was seen throughout the pool. They knew the truth.
Pepper dragged Ella out like pulling on a finger trap. As soon as Dixie's hands were noticed in the water, Zoë and Bree dragged Dixie out.
"Eww, " Bree and Zoë said as blood came off of Dixie's clothes and start to soak them,
Seth came over to the porch. He stood proudly like a president. "The blood being disgusting is not important. It's the one who HAS the pool of blood, " Seth claimed facing towards Pepper. Faces turned toward Pepper as Pepper stumbled on her feet.
"Me? Why would I want a pool of blood? " Pepper asked sounding oblivious,
" I don't know, maybe you are PROBABLY A SICK MURDERER WANTING TO PLAY A SICK FANTASY OF PUTTING PEOPLE IN SICK BLOOD," Seth barked,
"I am not! I checked before Zoë came by, it was fine, "
"Yeah right, sick freak,"
"What did you say?!"
Pepper let go of Ella and came towards Seth. Seth stood proud, not letting Pepper get to him. Pepper stepped onto her porch and pushed Seth. "Hey! Seth has a point, why is .. that there?" Molly said, trying not to gag,
The crew stopped to think about that. Even if someone there did that, how would they do that? Why would someone do that?
"Listen, we shouldn't just hop into the accusations! Even if some of us are red handed.." Bree explained turning her head to look at Dixie and Ella. Ella and Dixie looked offended as Bree immediately turned her head to look at Seth again.
"Just like he did," A voice mumbled that no one knew who it was,
"Hm?" Seth said, knowing it was talking about him,
"JUST LIKE YOU DID. SETH!" Dixie yelled as she stumbled towards him, blood dripped off her clothes and onto the grass,
"Wh-what?" Seth stuttered feeling betrayed,
"Just. Like. You. Did. Seth. For starters, you didn't stop Ella like YOU wanted her to hop in there. Then you accuse Pepper even if she is our best friend! Why would you assume that of someone?!! And finally when you walked out, you didn't panic. EXCUSE ME IT'S A POOL OF BLOOD I WOULD CALL THE POLICE!! Just say it, you did this, "
At this point, Dixie was next to Pepper. Her anger matched Pepper's too. Zoë doesn't blame Dixie for this anger. Dixie literally fell into a pool of blood.
" Dixie, listen. Why would I come in while Pepper and Zoë aren't paying attention and pour gallons of blood into a pool that my friends and I were gonna swim in? You need to relax," Seth explained. BAM! Seth was punched in the face. Everyone was shocked even Dixie herself. "I'm.. I'm sorry but you are acting like you know it all. None of us knows what is happening. I get it you might be scared but it doesn't mean we play the blaming wheel. Maybe it's not from us.. " Dixie said.
Finally everyone heard footsteps. Cruz stood there and watched everyone. Watching all the chaos, he smiles and claps. "Are y'all ready?" Cruz asked, seeming oblivious to all of the chaos. Dixie ran to him, blood following her trail, and gripped onto his shoulders. "Cruz, WE NEED TO CALL THE POLICE!! THERE'S LITERALLY A POOL OF BLOOD!!" Dixie exclaimed, as she dramatically pointed at the pool.
A dramatic pause fell throughout the backyard. "I know," Cruz told Dixie,
"Then why not call already?" Dixie asked,
"I don't know. Don't really feel like it,"
Before anyone can make their first move, Cruz stabbed Dixie in the forearm with a unknown chemical. Dixie was shocked. Her pupils and vision were shaking as she looked at Cruz with betrayal and sadness. The last thing she felt was numbness as her mind faded to black. . .