Chapter 10: To Find Ella

Pepper closed her ears as the sound echoed through the room. Pepper looked up to see what happened.
Dixie stood there, dry blood on her wrist and holding a metal chair. Instead of the random green crew-neck, it was the shirt with a smiley face that she wore to the pool party. She let go of the metal chair and went for Strawberry's pockets.
Pepper slowly got up and hurried for Zoë. Zoë stood there, glad that Dixie actually saved them.   Pepper grabbed Zoë's left arm to see the wound. The wound seemed healed but they'd have to check when they get home.
As Dixie held a credit card, she walked over to a door that Zoë assumed was a storage closet. Dixie kneeled down in front of the door and started toying with it. Pepper and Zoë walked near Dixie but Zoë kinda volunteered to do the talking.
"Dixie?" Zoë said as Dixie was trying to.. break in the room?
"Yeah?" Dixie ,nonchalant, asked,
"Uhh is your wrist okay?"
"Yeah it's fine, we'd probably have to put alcohol on it,"
"Alcohol?! Dang you put 'Alcohol to the veins' literally," Pepper joked,
"No, rubbing alcohol!"
The door clicked and slowly opened. Dixie peeked in, Seth was tied by his wrists and was sitting on the floor. As his eyes landed on Dixie, he tried to back away more. "No, no, no. Cruz said you were one of them!" Seth claimed.
Dixie open her mouth, baffled and fully opened the door. Seth looked at Zoë and Pepper. "There's more of you?!" Seth yelled,
"We aren't vampires!" Pepper yelled back,
"Well Cruz bit me an hour ago, I'm about to be."
"You were bit? You should be more scared of yourself then," Dixie said,
Seth quietly nodded his head as Dixie helped him up. Zoë finally noticed the bite mark on his arm. It was more noticable than Dixie's bloody wrist.
"Are you gonna free me?" Seth asked,
"You just said you were bit. No way am I letting you have free range when you fully turn," Dixie explained,
Seth rolled his eyes even though he knew it was a good idea.
"Well do any of us have a idea or plan?" Zoë chimed in,
"Well Ella had something in her pocket. I come to assume it was a antidote to the bite," Seth explained
"We don't know where Ella is and besides we would have to make you, Bree, and Cruz drink it,"
"Bree's evil?"
It was silence after that. The only plan they had was Seth's. So they were gonna do it. They all left the storage room and to this.. facility? Building? A laboratory? They didn't know but only Dixie cared.
They all shuffled their way to the closed cells. It felt uncanny that the color of the walls were a light gray but the wooden doors were a darkened brown. They didn't know who's room was who's though. Most of the doors were locked except for two. Coincidentally, the doors we're across from eachother.
"Okay, me and Pepper will take the right door and Seth and Dixie will go to the left door," Zoë explained,
"That's an awful idea. If I lose it, I can bite Dixie!" Seth argued,
"I'd bite you back! " Dixie claimed
"You'd still be vampire either way,"
"Shoot you're right,"
"Well you all wanna go together then?" Pepper said,
"Yeah, smarter than getting bit,"
Zoë leaned over to the right door. Her eyes looked up and sighed. She gripped on the door knob and opened it.
Immediately a horrible sweet metallic sense filled their noses. Dixie was all too familiar with this smell, gripped onto her heart.
When the door was fully opened. Everyone saw it and froze. It was.. Molly, dead in her tracks. Her body laid on the ground with her left arm horribly cut off.
The worse part about the already dead Molly was the monster next to her. Zoë couldn't even fathom it being Bree. She couldn't. She wouldn't. The four of them felt lightheaded. They saw Bree chewing on Molly's arm. She killed Molly. Bree noticed them. Not because she looked up but because Pepper screamed for her life. Bree immediately hissed at them.
She looked tired and sick and her eye bags were awful like she would collapse any minute. The most noticable part was the black sclera with the red pupils staring at all of them. Especially Zoë.
Bree lunged forward but Zoë closed the door, hitting Bree in the face. Dixie rushed forward and held on the door knob. "Hurry, hurry hurry!" Dixie urgently said as she held on the door knob like if it was her first child.
Seth took this opportunity and opened the door across from them with both hands. Zoë and Pepper seemed stressed from dealing with so many terrors back-to-back. But they had to see what this room will lead, hopefully freedom.