Chapter one

Taylors Pov:

It's been a long 3 years by myself, I lost my parents, my two brothers and my sister. They all died because of those monsters out there.

I am sixteen years old with bleach blonde hair down to my waist. I have crystal blue eyes. I was big into rodeo before this all happened. I lost my horse two years ago, after that I've been really lonely. I haven't come across a group in three years!

I'm walking down the street trying to find a grocery store to get some food and water. There's only a couple walkers headed down the road but their side tracked by a rat running under tin garbage bins.

I come across a big grocery store so I head in. There was only one moan I could hear. It was kind of fishy to me because usually there is at least fifteen in a grocery store. I grabbed my knife from my back pocket and stabbed the walker in the head.

I walked down the isle and finally found what I had been looking for, stale cookies, chocolate bars and cheerios! I was so excited. I tried reaching the box of cookies but they fell to the ground with a big thud.

Shit what if the walkers or someone heard that?

I pick up the box of cookies and start walking fast towards the exit.

Suddenly I hear footsteps behind me and a deep voice say "Put your weapons down and get on the ground right now"

I have no choice but to drop my knife and hand gun. I will probably regret dropping them and kicking them over to him but I need to survive right now.

I get on my knees an put my hands behind my head.

The boy comes in front of me and looks at me. He is so hot he has tattoos all the way up his muscular arms. He's wearing a wife beater, skinny jeans sagging so you can see his underwear and a pair of high tops. His hair so long and dark brown. His eyes are crystal blue and so dreamy.

"What's your name?" He asks

"T- Taylor Cummings"

"Nice to meet you I'm Carl Grimes"

He puts his hand out and I grab it and he pulls me to my feet. God he's so strong.

"Do you have a group?"

"No I've been alone for three years"

"Three years!?! How the fuck did you survive that long on your own!?" He says with disbelief.

"Luck I guess?"

"Well I have a group, wanna tag along with me? I'm sure they won't mind having a new person in the group!" He smirks

"Well If they won't mind I can't turn down this offer"

I still have to be cautious because in an apocalypse, you have to expect the unexpected.

Carl hands me my hand gun and my butcher knife.

"Thanks" I smile