Secret Love (A Masked Romance)

Inspired by The False Vyper's texting au

The curtains of day began to fall, transitioning the backdrop of Paris from a picture perfect pink and orange into one of darkness which glistened with tiny possibilities – and secrets. The sounds of joyful children faded as they made their way home to bed; rowdy teens taking their places on street corners and parks. Lights sprang to life in restaurants and bars — friends hugged their reunions and lovers kissed in lust and longing, each and everyone unaware of how lucky they were to be so free and open with their love.

She stood on her small terrace, not afraid of the cold air nipping at her through the thin cotton of her favourite yellow jumper. Regardless of the weather, she would always be there watching the last moments of daylight before night made its presence and wrapped a blanket around the world in its own little fortress. Stars twinkling more than any fairy light ever could.

Each star gleamed with unknowing mischief, a reflection of his eyes, not in colour but in brightness and beauty. Her heart swelled with a feeling of closeness. She had told him her theory many times, and many times he'd made a corny joke about it — but he was her star. Shining, shimmering, splendid. Her bright, vibrant, light in the dark. A guide for her to follow and to see such beautiful and unique things.

Wrapping her arms tightly around herself, she rubbed, hoping to spread some warmth through the thin fabric and into her body. She wouldn't relent though – the bitter frost was a small consequence for this stolen moment. He would be arriving any second now. He never came until it was dark enough to hide the world from their usual antics, keeping her and her identity safe, and himself blended into the shadows.

His camouflage was flawless, keeping her heart at ease. She checked her watch — soon .

A gust of wind pushed her hair over her face, causing her to step back away from the railing in an attempt to free her vision. But it was no use. Her balcony had become a wind tunnel and she had nothing to tie the long strands back making it unruly and uncontrollable, keeping her in a losing battle — just like her feelings.

She closed her eyes and began to move her hand around her face, pushing it back as best as she could, only stopping when her hands were met by the coolness of a familiar material.

"You know, I like this new style. Very Addams family."

Opening her eyes, she came face to face with the shimmering emeralds of her desired treasure and she took back every single word she had said about the stars – they had nothing on him.

Foregoing a welcome, she launched into his arms, wrapping her own around his neck and kissing him breathless. He moved them backwards, her back colliding with the cold, hard wall, as his hot, masculine body pressed into hers. His fingers dug into her waist in the most delicious way as she arched forward to gain more contact — needing and wanting more. 

The bricks behind her rubbed harshly at the bare flesh of her lower back, but it was soon forgotten as his tongue traced her lower lip and an electric current pin balled around her body.

They continued with practised precision. Giving and taking in ways they knew the other adored. Kisses of love. Kisses of lust. Kisses of desire .

She finally pulled away before she did something embarrassing, like groan his name for everyone to hear. She was possessive, but she still had at least an ounce of self discipline. Alya was just inside, she didn't want to alert her friend to her antics on the balcony — especially with the number one bachelor in Paris.