Chapter 10: Unwanted Fate

As the battle came to its close, Lucius finally defeated once and for all, and the Eeveelution trio making it out alive, and most of the inhabitants relatively unharmed, well except for one particular fox like Pokémon.

???: HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!

A tiny and feminine voice called out from underneath rubble, it's tone filled with panic and fear, on the verge of breaking down.

Suddenly an Espeon, adorned with an arm prosthesis and a bandaged arm came running from the corner of a street, panting and tired, yet when he heard the voice calling for help, he immediately regained his energy and sprinted towards the source of the voice. As he ran towards it, he eventually found a large pile of debris and rubble, belonging to what used to be a flower shop, before he then heard the voice again.

???: SOMEONE PLEASE!...IT'S GETTING HARDER TO BREATH

Espeon: LEIAH! IS THAT YOU?

Leiah: AZURE?! YOU'RE HERE! BIG BRO PLEASE HELP! I'M HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING!

Azure: DON'T WORRY! YOUR BIG BROTHER'S HERE TO HELP YOU!

Suddenly he extended his arms forwards, before the gem on his head began to glow slightly, illuminating the environment, as the rubble itself started glowing, before slowly being levitated upwards, as Azure was using all of his Psychic might to lift the debris to save his sister. As he used his abilities, sweat began forming on his head, veins began showing, every muscle in his body started to tense up as he cursed to himself, yet still he continued, prepared to give his all. As an opening finally began forming, with the rocks and boulders being lifted more than 5 feet off the ground, a tiny Eevee showed herself, bruised, scarred, battered and limping, but otherwise alive, smiling ear to ear at her rescuer, with Azure trying to reciprocate, despite the struggle he found himself in. As the Eevee started running to the exit as fast as she could, the gem on Azure's head began to dim slightly, as the debris he was lifting started lose their levitation. The Espeon called out to Eevee

Azure: LEIAH, HURRY, I-I CAN'T HOLD IT ANY LONGER!

Leiah: I-I'M TRYING, BIG BRO P-PLEASE DON'T DROP IT!-

Suddenly Azure felt a sharp pain coming from his forehead, followed by a twitching of his arms. His eyes widened, both from the pain and the realisation, as he then started to lose his grip on the rubble, the boulders and rocks dropping one by one as Leiah tried to dodge every one that came above her, but as bad became worst, Azure was fully drained of his energy, causing the rubble to fall down upon the Eevee, her hands reaching forward, trying to reach for her brother one more time, as Azure did the same, time freezing for the siblings, as they share their final moment together.

Out of nowhere, a burst of lightning swept Leiah off of her feet before the debris crashed down on her previous position, Azure was first frozen, startled and confused, yet so deeply paranoid and dreading of what he saw, before eventually, he felt a pair of hands akin to his own, touch his shoulders, as the reality around him started being engulfed in darkness, the shadows seeping into his every orifice, before eventually being in a different location.

It was a large, forest like area, with a large, sprawling tree in the middle of it all, it's branches piercing the sky, and it's canopy giving off a cool and comforting shade, with a large wall surrounding the titanic area, it being littered with windows, suggesting at it being used by the populus, but not at the moment. He knew this place well, after all, what student would forget his own school? He then saw multiple tents and injured Mon being treated, and eventually, as he looked back, he saw the familiar face of a scarred saviour.

Azure immediately recognised Zero, turning back to hug him, of which Zero awkwardly stood. As the two broke free, they then heard a large crack of thunder behind them, and as they looked back, relief washed over Azure's face as he saw his sister safe and sound, being carried by a legendary Rogue.