5.

'This is ridiculous. How could the Emperor send us here with what he told the baron?'

'I'm sure he was just trying to keep communication.'

'I didn't hear your defence in the chamber?'

'It sounded like you had it handled, Master.'

Obi-wan stopped his pacing to narrow his eyes at Anakin. The Jedi were led from the baron's chamber by Mon vin Cuss. They met with the clones, who had been anxiously waiting outside, and they were taken back through the halls.

After being handed it back from a clone, Sidra felt better when her lightsaber was reattached to her belt. It had been safe with the 501st, but Sidra couldn't convince herself that she was safe without it.

The introduction to Baron Vladimir Harkonnen told the Jedi what they already knew. He wanted the Fremen exterminated, and he wanted the Jedi's help. The Harkonnen had slaughtered House Atreides with the desire to retake the Spice harvest, and it was not yet clear how they were able to pull it off. 

But thanks to Obi-wan's constant reinstating of being just peacekeepers and negotiators, the baron had no choice but to accept the peacekeeping services they offered.

While the 501st were lead to their allocated quarters by Glossu Rabban, the Jedi were brought to more luxurious housing. 

Still connected to the imperial building, four rooms inhabited the same grey walls. In each room, there was a bed, which consisted of a mattress on the solid floor. The pillows appeared hard and the covers were thin, despite the complex being heavily air-conditioned at all hours of the day.

As well as sleeping facilities, each room was equipped with a round table and a set of chairs. This was where the four gathered, choosing Anakin's room by random chance, and were discussing their situation before they retired for the day.

'I'm still unsure how the Harkonnen were able to carry out the invasion,' Obi-wan thought aloud, his gloved hand rubbing his facial hair. 'They're a fierce army, yes, but the Atreides were one of the best in the universe.'

'Maybe they had help,' Anakin replied, but it was a dwindling conversation.

With Obi-wan standing and Anakin undoing his vambraces while on a chair, Sidra and Ahsoka sat silently in the remaining seats.

Their Masters were discussing the baron's orders, while comparing them to what the Jedi Council had made the party's mission. Although it was relevant to them, the Padawans couldn't help but be distant from the discussion.

Sidra was in the process of casting her mind back to the Jedi Archives. Her research on the Harkonnen was extensive enough to learn most of their family tree. She knew that Feyd-Rautha and Glossu Rabban were brothers despite their different surnames. Their mother had renounced the Harkonnen name, but her sons had reunited with their uncle and took advantage of his power.

While Sidra was thinking of what she knew about Feyd-Rathua, Ahsoka was trying to rid him from her mind altogether. His presence had made her uncomfortable and his continuous stare made her feel as if it was still on her.

Their interaction with the baron's youngest nephew was brief, but it had made the two aware of who they wanted to avoid while on Arrakis.

'How much does this planet make? Surely this invasion was not worth its value,' Sidra's attention was piqued by Anakin's question.

'1.5 billion Solaris,' Sidra didn't look up from the table. 'Which is about 67.5 billion imperial credits a year.'

Obi-wan turned his body to his Padawan, while Anakin and Ahsoka turned in their seats to do the same. Sida's was leant back in the domed-back chair and her downturned lips didn't move when she looked up from the table.