25.

Master Obi-wan Kenobi was in his quarters of the Arrakeen complex. He had been in his Jedi robes since returning from the desert and the chilled room required him to wear his dark brown over-robe.

With the shutters closed, the dimmed lighting made the holograms of his fellow Council members opaque. Obi-wan's hands were hidden in the sleeves of his over-robe and his weathered eyes looked between Grand Master Yoda, Master Ki-Adi-Mundi and Master Kit Fitso.

'This cannot be prolonged much longer. Five Spice harvesters have been lost in three months, and seven had to be lifted before they could complete their schedules,' Obi-wan informed. 'The Harkonnen are growing more aggravated by the day.'

'Causing this, the Fremen are?' Master Yoda's small hologram said in his croaky voice.

'Yes, Master. If they're not blowing up the harvesters, they're summoning the sandworms with their thumper devices.'

The three Masters at the Jedi Temple looked between each other in thought. While other Council members were on missions throughout the galaxy, the only ones left at the temple had answered Obi-wan's desperate plea for a meeting. 

The clone wars had been taking most of the Jedi Order's attention, but it had been months since Master Obi-wan had been on Coruscant. When the Council received the transmission request from the Outer-Rim, the few who were available gathered in the meeting room.

'I must highlight the severity of the situation here on Arrakis,' Obi-wan started again, exasperation in his tone. 'We have guards stationed outside our doors at all times, and even though Rex and the clones were released, the Harkonnen have not trusted them in the complex.'

'I must ask what you would suggest, Master Kenobi? We can do very little from here.'

Master Obi-wan was glad that he was only visible through hologram, because his expression hardened from Master Fitso's words.

'Send reinforcements! If the negotiations need to be abandoned, I need to find my Padawan while knowing the Harkonnen won't track me. The Fremen would have no chance against the Harkonnen's gunships.'

'Master Kenobi, if we could send more men, we would,' Master Kid-Adi-Mundi leaned his elbows on his knees while peering through the hologram. 'But we simply do not have the man power. We're fighting a war, right now. There is no one to spare.'

It was like the transmitter was broken. Always the same excuse from the same people. Obi-wan was sick of being frustrated with the Council's decisions. It was difficult to remember that while he was dealing with the Great Houses, the Order were dealing with Seperatists and a droid army.

But when Obi-wan was being dealt the same orders without the proper facilities, he felt forgotten about.

'Ask this, I must,' Grand Master Yoda pipped up. 'With the Fremen, your Padawan is, but more effective by your side, would she not be?'

The Kenobi dreaded the question that he had been hoping to avoid.

'Sidra thought it be best to stay in the desert to gather more information. She knows the Fremen well, but I have not been able to communicate with her while the Harkonnen have been on edge.'

'And these attacks on the harvesters? Seen with the Fremen, has Sidra been?'

Did Grand Master Yoda know? Obi-wan knew about the green man's strong sensitivity to the Force, and had been known to sense things from lightyears away. In the past months, there had been small changes in the Force that not only Obi-wan noticed, but Anakin had, as well.

'Something's coming, Master. I can feel it,' Anakin had said while looking out to Arrakeen. 'The Force is heavy, and not just from the Harkonnen.'

Obi-wan remembered when Sidra had said something similar. Her first time in her stillsuit had prompted the same words, and Obi-wan had brushed them off as first day Arrakis nerves.