23.

Sidra powered the Force to her knees. With her face covered by her stillsuit's mask, the Jedi jumped high into the air. Her target was in the process of raising his weapon with his domed helmet staring back at her.

As Sidra made her landing beside the Harkonnen, her Crysknife sliced through flesh. A strained yelp sounded through the transmitter before the charged stun gun dropped to the sand. The Harkonnen collapsed to his knees with a fatal gash stretching from his shoulder to his adjacent hip.

A blast whizzed by the Jedi's ear. Swivelling her foot through the sand, Sidra turned to the next Harkonnen that attempted to shoot her down. The soldier made his way towards her while firing and charging his weapon in rhythmic timing.

In a zig-zag pattern, the young woman sprinted while the solider tried to follow her with his barrel. Each blast missed as she side-stepped before they could seize her. The Force moved with the wielder as she grabbed the gun's barrel and ripped it from the Harkonnen's hands.

Before she could use her blade to rip through the armour's chest plate, Sidra sensed a disturbance in the Force. The twinge in it's field made her pause, and it gave the Harkonnen time to throw a large fist her way.

A blinding pain exploded through Sidra's jaw. The punch sent her head to the side, but it wasn't the first time that she had been hit in battle. The Jedi was able to use the momentum of her surprise and twisted around to attack from behind.

It took less than a second for Sidra to be out of view and a second more for the faceless man to realise. Her Crysknife ripped through his shoulder blade and dragged through his heart, leaving his lifeless body to crumble afterward.

With adrenaline pumping, Sidra turned to face the next Harkonnen in sight. But the only ones left had made their way onto the harvester that was being lifted from the desert.

While in battle, Sidra had neglected the loud hum of the dropship that hovered overhead. Its latches had clutched at the harvester's roof and signalled for the ground soldiers to retreat on-board. They clutched at the bared ladders that ran along the harvester's walls and were flown to safety.

Lowering her blade, Sidra watched as the dropship carried the harvester into the distance. She wondered if it was returning to Arrakeen, where Master Obi-wan should be in negotiations with the baron.

When the desert returned to its ambience of light breezes and shifting sand, Sidra turned around. She squinted at the battlefield where dead Harkonnen lay and her Fremen group gathered in a circle.

Chani was couched in the middle with her mask hanging from her face. She rushed to pull the wraps that covered the face of the person laying beneath her. With her eyebrows pulled together in worry, Chani called out words of encouragement to trying ease the twitching limbs and rolling eyes.

'You're okay, you're okay. It'll pass,' her Chakobsa was said through heaves of panic.

Rushing to the group of concerned Fremen, Sidra stood on her toes to look over shoulders. She assumed that the commotion was the origin of Force's unease. But as Sidra's eyes skimmed through the group of worried Fremen, she prayed that Chani wasn't tending to the one that was yet to catch Sidra's sweep.

'What's going on?'

With a relieved sigh, Sidra looked to Paul who stopped beside her. The Force was still buzzing with the ripples of the event, but it put her at great ease to see Paul's hazel eyes through beige wraps.

'Stun blast,' she said while turning back to the victim. It was then that she saw a seizing Toki, the one who always seemed to have a thumper and set of maker hooks on her.