33 ¶¶ BIRTHDAY JOY II

~*~
KYLE

"
"Tessa come on." I groaned. "I'm not asking you on a date. I'm asking you to accompany me to a kids birthday."

"I can't just go. I didn't get an invite." She walked past me on the side walk.

"I just said I told Ashley you were coming."

"It's still rude for me to come unannounced. And besides I'm not dressed up for a party." She gestured to her outfit.

She was wearing a baggy low rise jeans, accompanied with a sleeveless black top and a black sneakers. Her purple hair was messily tied with scrunchie and she was wearing no makeup besides a bit of glitter gloss in her lips

"You look great Tess. You're just giving excuses not to come with me"

"Aren't supposed to use this opportunity to get close to your baby mama?" She teased.

At this point I was even sure about my feelings anymore. A few months ago, if you asked me if I was totally into Ashley I would have screamed yes at the top of my lungs.

But ever since I ran into Tessa, I've been having mixed feelings. She's been affecting and not in a platonic way.

And I didn't like this feeling at all because she had a boyfriend and I was interested in someone else. This is probably just a phase and I would get over it in a few days.

I mean Tessa was a beautiful girl anyone with eyes could see that. Dark brown eyes that strangely completely her dyed hair, her tiny button nose that i wanted to bop every damn time, and those lips.....

"Kyle!!!" I blinked rapidly to clear my thoughts. "Are you even listening to me?"

"I'm sorry what were you saying."

"I said I was gonna accompany you there but it seems like you're not interested in that anymore." She crossed her arms and dramatically swayed her hips away.

And I found myself staring at the movement....

Get a grip Jacobs, that's someone's girl.

I shaked my head to clear my head before jogging after her.

~*~

"Are sure I should be here?" Tessa rubbed her arm nervously while the elevator took us up.

This was the fourth time she was asking me that in five minutes.

I sighed. "It's fine. We're going to meet fellow human being, chill."

She rolled her eyes at my sarcasm. "Isn't it weird that accompanying you to meet the woman you like? Won't it give her wrong ideas?" She said with a tone that I didn't recognize.

She was avoiding my gaze with the side of her head leaning against the elevator.

"Tessa. Where's this coming from? We're friends right."

She ignored me so I forced her to look at me by tilting her chin with my finger.

"Tess, talk to me. What's going on?" I asked, concern evident in my voice as I searched her eyes for any hint of what was bothering her.

She let out a heavy sigh, her shoulders slumping. "It's just... complicated, Kyle. I don't want to cause any trouble or misunderstandings."

I frowned, puzzled by her response. "Trouble? Misunderstandings? Tess, you're my friend. You're not causing any trouble. And as for misunderstandings, well, there's nothing to misunderstand. We're just going to a party together."

She stood up straighter and flashed a smile that wasn't genuine. "You're right I'm overthinking things. Let's go celebrate you future daughter's birthday."