Chapter five

I grab my keys and take a look around the house. The kitchen is clean, Mom took her medicine, and Brandon has already gone to school.

I'm good to go.

I checked my phone a last time, there were 3 missed texts from Miguel and one from Hawk.

Miguel:

Hey, I keep trying to call Tory but she's not answering, is she mad at me??

Are you here??

Are you mad at me too ?? Did I do something??

I scoff as if you didn't know.

Hawk:

Hey, Miguel keeps texting me to ask if you're mad at him, deal with it, my phone is beeping non-stop.

I roll my eyes at this, I told no one about what Sam told me yesterday, but I might have to say something when I see them at school, I can't keep avoiding Miguel forever but it's not my place to tell him either.

Why do I always have to be involved in Tory's drama?

Speaking of my sister, she's already gone, I haven't seen her since the party, and apparently so does Mom, Brandon is the only one who interacted with her and he said that she looked okay. Average Tory okay.

This means that either she's avoiding the only people who can detect that she's in trouble just by looking at her, aka me and Mom. Or she's preparing herself to do the dumbest thing in her life, which I'll eventually have to fix.

Happy "go-back-to-school" Lory.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

At school, the noise was unbearable, all the get-togethers and friends reunions were filled with excitement and joy, everyone was happy on the first day of school but it never lasted, give them a week and they'd all start wishing for the holidays to arrive.

Reaching my locker, I open it and start placing my school books inside. My first class is chemistry, what a nice way to start the day.

«Hello there, grim reaper.» Aisha greets me, and I look down at my outfit, black boots, blue jeans, and a black sweater with the hood over my head as usual. I truly look like the Grim Reaper.

«You seem in a good mood.» I point out, Shutting my locker and starting to walk with her.

«of course, aren't you?» she smiles.

«There's nothing special about the first day of class.» I shrug. «I never get why people are so excited about it.»

«If we don't make it a special day, it'll make it harder to get through the year.» she states.

She's not wrong, I guess.

«Pretty convincing.» I nod.

«Thanks.» I sense her hesitating before she stops in front of me. «Hey, is everything okay with Tory? Miguel and I have been texting her but she won't answer. She went M.I.A right after the party.»

The look of genuine worry in her eyes makes me sigh. «Honestly I'm not sure, I haven't seen her since that night too.»

«She didn't come home?!» Her eyes widen.

«Of course she did!» I calm her down before she freaks out. «It's just that ever since she's been locked up in her room and avoiding everyone at home. Even this morning she left early to make sure not to cross me or mom.» I shake my head.

Even I don't understand what's going on in Tory's head.

«Wait, she came to school?»

«Yeah, I mean where else would she go?»