Chapter Six

I don't think I ever ran as much as I did today.

My head is pounding, my body aching from earlier's fight and my eyes sting from the tears.

But I have to keep going, keep running.

I push harder on my legs as the hospital appears in my line of view.

This is all your fault.

Tory was right in front of you why didn't you stop her?

Tears form back in my eyes, making my vision blurry.

If you weren't so scared, no one would've gotten hurt.

And now Miguel may die.

And that's all.

your.

fault.

The double doors open in front of me letting me into the large busy main floor of the hospital. I stop my course, looking around.

I need to find Miguel. I need to see him.

I spot Johnny Lawrence with his hand on the glass of a door in the emergency range. He turns to leave and I dive for the door, but he doesn't let me reach it.

«Hey, wait you can't go in there.» he grabs my arms.

«Sensei now is not the time.» I try to get out of his hold not tearing my eyes apart from that door. «I have to see him.»

«I unders-»

«No, you don't!!» I retort, finally looking at him in the eyes. «This my fault. This is all my fault. I could've stopped her. I could've avoided all of this.» I sob.

Surprisingly, he pulls me to his chest, and even more shocking is that I don't pull away, crying and sobbing, letting it all out. I can feel his body shake too, indicating that he was crying as well.

«This is not your fault.» He says, pulling away to look at me, his hands on my shoulder. «Listen to me, you're not the only one responsible for this.»

He looks guilty, destroyed even. His rivalry with Daniel Larusso is what started the hate between Cobra Kai and Miyagi do, and he told Miguel to show mercy, I know he feels like that's what caused this.

But it isn't.

Johnny wasn't responsible for what happened to Miguel.

But someone else was.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After looking for her in the whole town for two hours, I finally found her in the park. Sitting on one of the swings and looking down at the ground. She seems deep in thought her face still covered and bruised from this morning's fight, she didn't even change, still in that red top and military green jacket.

I take fast and determined steps toward her, she must have heard me because she looks up and her eyes widen before she stands up.

«Where were you?» Is the first thing she says, but I don't bother to answer.

I grab her by her jacket and turn her around, she opens her mouth in protest but I don't let her speak, bringing my foot up and kicking her right in the stomach and sending her to the ground.

«Where was I?» I growl. «In the hospital cleaning your damn mess, like every fucking time.»

She looks up at me in shock, and I bring my foot up again to hit her but she rolls out of the way and gets back on her feet.