27|Unexpected Proposal|

AUTHOR POV

In the vibrant swirl of the party, Jimin anxiously awaited Lisa's return. His mind raced with thoughts—a puzzle about Taehyung's odd behavior toward his stepsister.

A sense of protectiveness radiated from Taehyung, making Jimin pause and consider the complex dynamics at play.

Feeling the need to check on Lisa, Jimin tensed, his concern evident as he moved toward the restroom.

But just as he was about to step in, a sudden jolt interrupted his mission—a call that demanded his attention.

His phone buzzed urgently, a lifeline to the distraction he didn't anticipate. Jimin swiftly retrieved it, his expression a mix of frustration and curiosity.

"Hello?" he answered, the noise of the party forming a distant backdrop to the conversation that would momentarily divert him from the pressing concern of Lisa and Taehyung's mysterious dynamics.

While Verna danced with Mr. Kim, her mind seethed with hatred for Lisa, a venomous emotion fueling her desire to rid herself of her perceived rival. Amid the dance, her husband's unexpected words cut through the music.

"Verna, I've been thinking," he began, and an insidious idea began to take shape in her mind. "Why not approach Jeevan for a marriage proposal for our Lisa? They come from a good family, matching our status."

A wicked glint entered Verna's eyes, and with calculated malice, she replied, "Well, we shouldn't let this chance slip away. I believe Lisa would be a suitable match for Jimin."

The sinister plan to manipulate circumstances for her gain unfolded, veiled beneath the guise of familial concern.

As the words hung in the air, an unsettling alliance formed between Verna and her husband, both driven by ulterior motives. Verna's mind concocted a web of deceit, her hatred for Lisa fueling the sinister plot.

"Why not indeed?" she continued, her voice dripping with feigned concern. "Lisa is a perfect fit for Jimin, and it would strengthen our ties with the Jeevan family."

Her husband, unaware of the dark intentions, nodded in agreement. "I'll talk to Jeevan about it. A union between Lisa and Jimin would be beneficial for both families." Verna masked her malevolence with a smile, her eyes betraying the sinister joy within.

As the plan unfolded, Verna reveled in the prospect of using this alliance to further her own game, all while maintaining the façade of familial unity.

As Mrs. Jeevan and her husband were on the verge of a conversation, Mr. Jeevan approached Mr. Kim with a sense of urgency. "I want to talk to you; it is important," he asserted. Mr. Kim, equally eager to discuss matters, nodded in agreement, and they discreetly moved to a quieter corner.

Opening up, Mr. Jeevan expressed, "You know, Kim, you are my best friend, and I always want to strengthen our bond. It might sound unusual, but I need to share something with you."

"It's entirely up to you whether you accept or not, but I have a proposition. I would like my son Jimin to marry Lisa. I genuinely believe she would be the perfect match for him." The gravity of his words hung in the air, emphasizing the weight of the proposal he had just placed on the table.

Mr. Kim listened attentively, a thoughtful expression on his face as he absorbed the unexpected proposition. The bond of friendship between the two men added a layer of complexity to the conversation.

After a moment of contemplation, Mr. Kim responded, "Jeevan, our friendship means a lot to me, and I appreciate your honesty. The idea of Lisa marrying Jimin is intriguing, and I believe the union could be mutually beneficial for our families."