37 |Nightmare|

LISA POV

As consciousness slowly returned, I found myself in a dimly lit room, my hands bound tightly. Panic surged within me as I realized the gravity of my situation.

Tears welled up in my eyes, threatening to spill over at any moment. The thought of being used by other men—my body and heart belonging only to Taehyung—filled me with dread and despair.

Cursing under my breath, I berated myself for ever trusting Verna, my stepmother. How could I have been so foolish? She had deceived me, leading me into this nightmare under false pretenses.

Anger mingled with sorrow as I grappled with the betrayal of someone who was meant to care for me, not exploit me. How can I trust her? I know she always hated me, but I thought my relationship with Taehyung would change her.

The realization hit me like a sledgehammer: I had been sold. Sold like a piece of property, my fate is now in the hands of strangers who care nothing for my wishes or desires. The thought made bile rise in my throat, and I fought back the urge to retch.

But amidst the despair, a flicker of determination ignited within me. I would not let myself be broken. I would find a way out of this hellhole, back to Taehyung, back to the love that had sustained me through so much adversity. With that thought firmly planted in my mind, I vowed to fight, no matter the cost.

The betrayal cut even deeper, knowing that Verna, a woman who was meant to nurture and protect me, could so callously deliver me into this nightmare.

It felt like a dagger to the heart, knowing that she was not only my stepmother but also soon to be my mother-in-law. How could she betray the bonds of family and love in such a heartless manner?

Taehyung and I had defied societal norms and dared to love each other despite the barriers placed before us. Our love was forbidden, yet it burned fiercely, consuming us both.

Even though Taehyung had once been my stepbrother, our love had transcended such trivial labels, and we had bound ourselves to each other in marriage, pledging our hearts and souls to one another.

As I wrestled with these thoughts, a sudden movement caught my eye. A small girl timidly entered the room, her presence unexpected yet strangely comforting in my turmoil. She seemed innocent, untouched by the darkness that surrounded us.

Despite my own fears and uncertainties, I couldn't help but feel a glimmer of hope stir within me. Perhaps this young girl held the key to my salvation, a beacon of light in the darkness that threatened to consume me. With cautious optimism, I watched as she approached, silently praying that she might offer some semblance of aid in this desperate hour.

Tears stung my eyes as I gazed at the young girl before me, her innocence stark against the backdrop of this cruel reality. Despite the fear and desperation gnawing at my own heart, I couldn't ignore the pain etched across her face.

"Please," I pleaded, my voice trembling with emotion. "Help me; untie me from these ropes."

Her gaze softened, and for a moment, I saw a flicker of understanding in her eyes. But instead of complying with my request, she spoke words that caught me off guard.

"Unnie, you are beautiful," she said softly, her voice filled with a childlike admiration. "Who brought you here?"

Her question pierced through the haze of despair that clouded my mind, reminding me of the innocence that still existed in this world, even amidst such darkness. Despite the horrors of this place, she saw beauty where others only saw pain and suffering.