Chapter 3

August 1, 2024 (A big skip sorry)

Heather's Pov

*The annoying alarm of iPhone*

I turned off the alarm of my phone and slowly sat up and did a few stretches then made my bed. I went to the bathroom and then washed my face and brushed my teeth. I was never able to meet up with Adie during summer break since I just stayed in my province with my family but we did message and video call a lot and I even introduced him to my parents which went well except for the fact that they are shipping us.

They invited Adie a few times to come to my province but unfortunately, he was doing concerts outside of the country for two months. After finishing freshening up I then went to the kitchen where my aunt is eating on the kitchen countertop.

"Renee Kain kana lakad tayo ng mga 3" She then said which caused my eyes to widen and made me look at my phone it was 2 pm (Renee come eat now and were leaving around 3)

Wow. I slept for 10 hours. That's a record anyway after I ate brunch, I got ready and wore a navy-blue sweatpants and a white fitted top and prepared my tote bag. After that, I and my aunt went down to the lobby and proceeded to leave the building. There was a school supply store nearby so I didn't have to worry about going far just to buy school supplies.

*At the store*

Me and my aunt separated since she wanted to look for books while I was going to go look for the things I would need In school. Of course, the most essential thing which is paper is what I first got since I write a lot and my reviewing mechanism consists of me re-writing notes over and over again I also got other things that I need such as Pens, highlighter, and other things.

Soon after that, I made my way to the counter since my aunt wasn't there yet I decided to take a look around the books since my aunt was probably on the second floor of the store. As I was about to reach for a Star Wars book I was a bit of a fan myself of the movies.

A hand had also reached out for the book which got to the book first and when I tilt my head to the side to look at the person. I realized it was Adie despite him wearing a mask so I took the initiative and greeted him.

"Adie, hi I see you're here," I said greeting him

"I spotted you through the window outside and decided to greet you but the opposite happened I guess," he said cheerily while letting out a laugh at the end

"How are you?" He then asked

"I'm doing good, I'm buying some school supplies since Class starts in 4 days" I answered as he handed me the book.

"Ohh I see, so um here's the thing my friends-" He started but was cut off when a hand was placed on his shoulder and it was a girl well not just any girl it was Janine Berdin

"Adie andito ka lang pala bakit bigla ka nalang nawawala?" She said as she give him a slight push (There you are Adie why are you disappearing all of a sudden?)

After they went back and forth in talking it seemed like she finally noticed my presence she smiled at me then It became a smirk once her eyes went back to Adie.

"Ah gets ko na, siya ba ung dalwang linggo na nagpapangiti sayo na parang nanalo ka ng lotto?" She then said (Now I know, Is she the one who had been making you smile like you won the lottery?) teasing Adie me and him looked at each other and laughed making her and the others confused.

Within two weeks me and Adie got fully know each other and had cleared out that we treat each other more as siblings and not to someone to date which I was relieved. I was afraid that I was wrongfully making him think I liked him that way but thankfully we were on the same page.