Chapter 5

Heather's POV

"So... Shall we?" Arthur said motioning for me to lead the way

I gave him a small smile and started leading the way. I did say I lived nearby although we ate near the very end of the BGC so it was actually a further away than usual. We walked silently as we passed the stores, I was too shy and conscious to start a conversation and I wasn't a conversation starter to begin with.

And what seemed like a quiet walk was interrupted once Arthur had decided to speak.

"By, the way I'm sorry if I barely talked to you earlier, actually kakarating ko lang galing Cagayan De Oro and was a bit tired but Janine messaged me telling me to come here" He explained (By, the way I'm sorry if I had barely talked to you earlier, I had just arrived from Cagayan De Oro and was a bit tired but Janine messaged me telling me to come here)

It made me wonder if Janine could briefly be a devil in disguise, attempting to set me up. However, I realized she discovered my crush on Arthur around the same time he arrived, making it impossible. Nevertheless, I'm grateful she swiftly changed the subject earlier.

"Ohh... don't worry it's alright, and kanina feeling ko nag job interview ako dahil sa daming questions na tinatanong nila Franz," I said laughing while remembering them on a never-ending questionnaire earlier especially when they found out I loved to play video games. (Don't worry it's alright earlier I felt like I was seemingly on a job interview with the tons of questions Franz and the others had asked)

"Well now actually nawala pagod ko since na-recharge ako sa pagkain kanina, grabe I'm so full nga from that dinner," He said as he laughed I agreed with him then things went silent again and I looked at him and he looked like he wanted to ask something but was debating whether he should or shouldn't. (Well actually I'm not tired anymore since I got recharge from all the food earlier, I'm so full from that dinner)

"It seems like you have a question go ahead and ask" I then said encouraging him

"What made you decide to live in an area like this? I didn't mean to offend you, but I had assumed you might lean towards less crowded places." He said as he turned his attention to me while we walked.

"Since moving to Manila two years ago, I've developed a newfound appreciation for the city's charm, especially its vibrant nightlife. I've grown fond of gazing at the illuminated skyline, a contrast to my previous environment. However, you're correct in noting that I still prefer to avoid crowded areas. That's why I opted for a relatively serene high-rise condominium where I can enjoy peace while still being able to admire the cityscape" I explained while smiling at the thought itself while we already near to my place.

"AH I see where you're coming from-" He then said but was quickly cut off by

Seems like Adie had prompted my luck that day and out of nowhere I felt a sudden droplet of water hit my arm which caused me to stop then I looked up and noticed that I saw no stars scattered in the sky signifying its cloud which meant it was most likely going to rain.

Just within a few seconds it started to rain heavily and somewhat felt like in a novel Arthur covered me with his jacket and guided me towards a nearby roofed place which was McDonald's. As we stood on the sidewalk I tried to search my bag to see if I had brought an umbrella with me.

"Jeez, why did it have to rain now" Arthur said as he took off his jacket.

"So, I don't have an umbrella with me but we are already in front of my place" I then said as I turned to him

Then Arthur somewhat went into a deep thought probably figuring out how we cross the street; I would've asked for help from the guards there but it was raining heavily that you wouldn't recognize people from afar.