Hate isn't the word

Kat was looking at me and I was looking at Kat. Neither one of us said anything. I was full of anxiety, and she seemed pissed although for a moment I swear I could’ve seen a hint of amusement in her eyes but what on earth would she find funny at a time like this?  Should I apologize or start crying? Wait. Why should I apologize? I didn’t do anything wrong. Except having sex with your best friend's lover. Fuck no. That’s not what happened. Oh God. I’m the worst friend ever. Biting back a few tears I took the first step.

“Kat, please.” I pleaded, raising my arms in a defensive motion.

“I swear I don’t know what happened there. I can’t even remember that we had sex. I thought it was Masson but please I beg you...” My words turned pleading. I didn’t want to lose my best friend. Masson and Matt are gone. She is the only one I have left.

She nodded her head in a way that indicates she was hearing but not listening to my crap.

Oh God...

I’m fucked.

Kat started taking me into the house. She had this crazed look in her eyes and she’s scaring me. Not because I’m afraid she’ll punch me but because I have no idea what that look means. I have seen her mad, upset, happy and excited but that look, I have never experienced it before. Maybe because you never slept with one of her boyfriends.

Rage is filling me as I push this little voice to the back of my head.

Still with my hands in a defensive pose I added. “I know I messed up and you would never forgive me, and I would never forgive myself, but you know I would never in a million years do anything and I mean anything to hurt you.” My voice was on the verge of breaking.

She snorted. Confusion builds up on my face as I looked at here like a woman possessed.

“Are you done?” She tried saying through heaps of chuckles. Seeing my confused look on my face, she started laughing even more.

“Are you for real or are you just fucking with me?”

“Carson, relax.” She had a gentle smile on her face but was quickly replaced with a serious look.

“I’m not mad at you. I will need you to come with me though.” She started gentle but she couldn’t be more of a woman due to her tones changing drastically between her words. She could sense my anxiety due to her saying words as if she was saying them to a toddler.

“Come with you where?”  I’m sorry, but either I landed in a different universe or Kat was abducted and replaced with a clone of hers.

“Don’t ask questions. Let’s just go.” She pulled me by my arm and out the door. We were in a white cruiser in less than five minutes on our way to God knows where. Firstly, I pulled my arm back to lock the front door after she thought she had to drag my ass by force to the car. Anxiety and nausea were building up in the pit of my stomach and I have never felt more out of my body. Like an out of body experience as some will call it. Traffic was a nightmare and five minutes into our drive, I realized something.

“Wait. Isn’t this Masson’s mom’s car?” I looked at Kat and wondered what she was up to. Was Kat and Masson’s mom up to something to get me back for what I’ve done? Sleeping with my best friend’s boyfriend and hurting her son at the same time by sleeping with his best friend? Nausea is looking pretty damn good now. Kat was too calm for someone that had just been betrayed.