Playing with fire

The next morning I went to school with a heavy heart. I walked through the school halls towards my locker, thinking about my plan. This could work or it cannot work...it is a chance I have to take...either I teach Masson a lesson or he will teach me a lesson. I have hope though...not even the angels would be able to help me...oh goss.

I put my books inside my bag and heard students swearing and mumbling. I looked towards the crowd and saw Kat shuffling through them. Not even caring that she is pushing students out of the way. She had a worried expression on her face. I think I know why.

"Oh my goss girl! I couldn't sleep last night but you are my best friend and I want to help you but seriously...can't we just blow down his tires?" She said impatiently. Her hair was a bit messier today and I could see that she was a bit more nervous than I was...seeing that I have to follow through with the plan and not her.

"No Kat. He needs to understand that he cannot keep messing with me. He makes me so nervous that I can't even speak. I look like a mute and this is the only chance I have to do this today. So please support me with this." I said with puppy eyes. She eyed me suspiciously before sighning. "Fine! But just remember that Masson gets away with anything and if he finds out that I helped you with this plan then I am going to kill you." She snapped at me. I laughed at her.

"Oh so that is what this is all about."
"What do you mean?" She asked confused. "I mean that you are so on edge about this plan today because you are scared that he will find out that you helped me and you are scared about what he will be doing to you if he knows about our plan."

"I will just tell him you bullied me woman."

"You are a terrible best friend." I said jokingly.

"Really? I think I am an awesome best friend because not even Matt knows about our plan." She said nervously.

"Oh my goss...who is going to save you from Masson's wrath if Matt doesn't even know." I asked jokingly.

She looked at me shockingly and I saw she gulped. "Don't worry my dear Kat...Masson won't know you helped me." I said reassuringly. "He better not...and I am glad you are not that nervous about all of this now." She smiled weakly at me but I knew she meant every word about it. The bell rang for first period and my stomach was burning with the knowing of what was about to happen today. I quickly closed my locker and turned towards Kat.

"Okay...so we are all set with everything?" She nodded. "Yes everything is set with Kelsey. So you must just not fail with your act." She gave me a stern look. I knew what she meant. I have to act cool and calm and not allow the nervousness to take over my mind and body. It mustn't if I want this plan to work. I simply gave her a nod in return and walked with her to class. "By the way Carson...you look pretty today. If I am not mistaken those sneakers your wearing look pretty fast. You maybe running somewhere? Or maybe away from something." She chuckled under her breath. I was wearing black skinny jeans, black sneakers and a white crop top. My hair was in a low ponytail. She was right though.

"Hahaha yeah...I was maybe hoping of running away from a certain someone after school...if my nervousness take over or something like that." I chuckled nervously at her. She came to a halt and I stopped a few feet in front of her when I realised that she wasn't next to me. "Oh no girl...I am not a wreck ball for nothing. You will go through with that plan even if I have to kick you out of the classroom to do it." She snaped her fingers at me with a shocked look on her face. I laughed at her, knowing she was serious but my laugh was cut short by a certain male voice. I just knew that cocky tone.

"What plan? Sounds serious?" I froze on the spot and Kat jumped next to, making me jump at her sudden movement. We turned around and saw Masson standing in front of us with one of his terrible but sexy smirks. I gulped and to my suprise so did Kat. This girl was really starting to get nervous about this plan of mine. She was never nervous about being near Masson. "Uh-well w-we were just talking about a plan to...uhm I mean for Carson to maybe leave school early with me so that she can help me with...uhm.." she looked my way for help and I panicked...what must I say??? 'Oh hey... Masson, no she's just helping me set up a plan so that I can once and for all teach you a lesson to not mess with me...but now worries the plan is moving smoothly.' Yeah right. He will probably burn me right here. I gulped as her gaze got more intense. "Carson..." Masson's voice broke through the silence and my gaze snapped up at him. He sounded so calm and I knew he was enjoying every moment of this. He was smirking at me know...knowing that he is making me nervous once again. I could feel it all over my body. My face was burning up and my hands were sweaty. This guy has got to be taught a lesson...