Chapter 3

A red dress laid out for me after I finished putting on my makeup.

"What's this?" I presented it to Nomi who had Enzo dangling from her boob.

"Oh god!" I shield my eyes

She laughs "I thought you might want something to wear tonight"

"I have clothes." I argue

She rolls her eyes "it's the theater, jeans and a nice top isn't going to do it."

"I think they stopped with the dress code." Just then I realized it wasn't about the show it was about Maddox.

"Wear the dress Bea. I got it just for you."

"I'll try it on but it looks a little short..."

She winks "that's the idea"

The dress fits perfectly. The way the satin feels against my skin is nice. The back is open complimented with a crisscross finish.

"Wow" Nomi comes in with a similar dress except she's showing less. Way less.

"Why couldn't I have a longer dress!" I scoff

"Didn't you say it's been a few months for you...this dress"

I cut her off "you're making me sound like a piece of meat."

She probably thinks she's doing me a favor but it's been a crazy 24 hours and maybe if I hadn't ran into Lin I might have been up for the meat show.

I feel her arms wrap around me from behind. "I missed you a lot Bea. I'm so glad you're here"

I cradle her arms "I'm happy to be here too."

She lets me finish getting ready.

30 minutes later I'm walking down the hall getting whistled at. My aunt twirls me around "Beatrice honey you're all grown up" the tears start to fill her eyes.

I know it's because she sees my mother. I look a lot like my mother.

I give her a hug "hair up or down?"

She smiles wiping the tears away. "Down. I love your curly hair. It was a pain to style when you were younger but I always loved it."

"Cabs out front" Luca calls out.

I kiss my aunt on the cheek and then baby Enzo.

Nomi is behind me, not wanting to let him go.

"Come on babe" Luca calls out again.

"I'm coming" she yells giving Enzo back to her mom.

"Bye mommy loves you. Thanks mom!"

We pour into the cab and head to the Richard Rodgers.

I notice how close we were. "We could have walked" I say but when I get a death glare from Nomi I stop. She's wearing 6 inch heels, which is crazy because she's already pretty tall.

"Never mind" her glare turns to a smile.

We get dropped off right in front of the crowd. The doors had just opened and when we get in the first thing we do is grab a drink.

"I needed this! I mean I love being a mom but just to be able to enjoy this with my two favorite people" we three hold up our glasses clinking "to Hamilton" Nomi says.

"To Hamilton" we repeat.

"Umm by the way where are we sitting?"

Her eyes light up "oh I forgot to tell you! Orchestra seating D106,107,108" I look up the seating chart and it's really good seats.