6 (shelter)

Night soon fell, newt had made a fire and everyone was just quiet, morning the death of their friend.

"I thought we were supposed to be immune"
Minho said.

"Not all of us, I guess"
Teresa said.

"If Winston can get infected then we should assume that so can the rest of us"
Newt said.

"I never thought I'd say it... I miss the glade"
Frypan said.
With that y/n could not take this sadness anymore. He got up and walked a little bit away from his new friends and pulled his gun out.

"Where are you going"
Aris asked.

"Look out"
Y/n said plainly. Thomas got up to follow him.
Y/n looked around making sure there wasn't anyone or anything but them around. Thomas stood next to y/n.

"You ok"
Thomas asked.

"I should be asking you that"
Y/n said

"I don't know why I care so much, I didn't know him as well as you guys did."
Y/n sighed.

"usually I'm not like this"
He went on.

"Well it seemed you two took a liking to each other anyway"
Thomas said putting his Hand on your shoulder you hummed and looked down as Thomas walked back to the others.

——————

The next day was miserable walking threw the scorch it was hot and you were running out of water. You saw Minho try to drink some out of his bottle but nothing came out so you handed him yours.

"Thanks"
He said, you just hummed.

———————

It was night Thomas woke the group up from their slumber as they saw what looked to be lights in the distance.

"See that, it's lights"
Thomas pointed out in between breaths.

"We made it"
Newt said, all of a sudden there was crash of lightning in the background. Everyone flinched at another flash of lightning.

"Let's go, we gotta go"
Thomas said.

"Yeah"
"Mhm"
The group agreed grabbing their stuff and running in the direction of the lights as lightning began to flash close to them. They almost made it but then a flash of lightning struck by Thomas and Minho nocking Minho out and Thomas to the floor. The others helped them up and you and frypan got the door open as the others rushed inside. You and fry closed the door.

You sighed in relief as Thomas turned on a flash light to look at Minho.

"Minho!"
Thomas yelled as tried to shake him awake

"Come on man"

It took a minute but Minho did wake up, everyone sighed in relief.

"There he is"

"You ok"

"What happened"
Minho asked.

"You got struck by lightning"
Thomas said.

"Ah"
Minho hummed as some of the group laughed at his reaction. They helped Minho stand up.

"Thanks guys"
He said.

"Hey, what's that smell"
Teresa whispered as she turned on her flashlight to be met face to face with a crank. She screamed and backed away to her friend. Y/n got his gun out and pulled the trigger killing the crank until another one popped out of the shadows.

"Shit"
Y/n cursed as the group realized they were surrounded by cranks but they were chained up.

"I see you've met our guard dogs"
The group looked over to the person that spoke. She calmly walked threw the horde of cranks

"Stay back, stay back"
Y/n said pointing his gun at the girl.

"You guys look like shit"
She said looking at the group.

"Come on follow me, unless you want to stay here with them"
She said.

You lowered your gun and followed the girl along with the others.

——————